30

Since it's dying, it would be nice it the two people who read this actually vote😣

Please vote

After the refreshing bath that Hyeri and Namjoon had the pleasure to take and fresh water running in their system, both of them were more energetic than ever and it really affected on their pace.

They had travelled way more than Hyeri had expected and planned and they took half as many of the breaks than the previous few days.

Their journey was more quieter than ever and they only talked a little during breaks, not that it bothered Namjoon. But it bothered Hyeri a lot, she felt terrible and no matter how many sorry she had said the previous day, it didn't seem to affect the boy in the slightest.

Hyeri called in for the day right before it was about to be dark.

Both of them then sat on the ground and Namjoon laid down after a while.

"Don't sleep just yet." She said grabbing his arm.

"Don't you want to know about the next challenge? We will reach there tomorrow in few hours."

"Just tell me about it tomorrow itself." He said closing his eyes.

Hyeri sighed and suddenly felt an urge to cry. Last three days have been more hard on her than ever and even though she had cried a lot, she still felt a lump forming on her throat.

She looked at Namjoon who was still shifting indicating that he had not yet slept but she couldn't control herself any longer.

She stood and walked a little away keeping in track how far she was going before getting on her knees and sobbing hard.

Her shoulders were heavy with all the responsibility that she herself took. But with great rest comes great sacrifices that she had managed to ignore so far but she knew things were unfolding slowly and Namjoon would probably leave her if she doesn't tell him everything soon.

It wasn't just that, she had almost fallen asleep the previous night. She was afraid that she would probably lose control over herself anyday and that could change everything.

She kept sobbing like a child but now was more careful not to make a lot of noise. It could attract unwanted attention or wake up the man who was lying not far away from her.

She laid her head on her knees now and occasionally sniffed. Nothing hurt her more than the way Namjoon was behaving with her. She was ready to lose him but not this soon, not like this.

If ever thay had to part, she wanted it to be on the portal where he would go back home not like this when there were still 5-6 days left for that blessed day.

She hated herself in that moment, she could feel herself break away slowly. Ever since the day Namjoon entered the maze, her mind was not the same.

A part of her wanted to go back to Namjoon's side again but the other one made her body so heavy that she could not move anymore, so she decided to stay right there until she had to wake the boy up in the morning.

Namjoon who was still awake hope she would come back soon.

He heard her crying yet decided to stay where he was. He wanted to comfort her, he really did.  But he didn't know what to say. He didn't know the words to use and unlike Hyeri, he was never the one to lie to someone that easily.

He still remembered her face in the court room when she was asking him to promise her that he will get out of there but he couldn't, he couldn't lie to her like that because lying to her would mean that he was lying to himself too.

Hoping she would be alright, he allowed himself to finally sleep. Sleeping was important because he had to go through the third challenge the next day and he wanted to be prepared for it. He wanted to gain as much energy as possible.

The night though was very long for Hyeri, it felt really short for Namjoon who felt like he had slept for just a few minutes.

Hyeri gave some berries to Namjoon who took it after thanking her, the awkward silence was still there and both of them wished it could go away soon.

"Are you ready to go now?" Hyeri asked the boy who just nodded and stood up.

After about 10 minutes of walking slowly, Namjoon finally asked what she wanted to tell him the previous day.

"What is the next challenge going to be about?" Namjoon asked breaking the silence.

"This one is going to to examine your knowledge and your problem solving skills."

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"You will be given 5 quizzes which will be conducted by 5 different demons. You have to answer them correctly in order to to go to the final quiz and if you answer that correctly, the challenge will be over." She explained.

"Huh?" Namjoon stopped walking and looked at her with a concerned face.

"That sounds hard! Quizzes?"

"Well you have already solved so many so I don't think it will be a problem." She said in an attempt to assure him.

"But what if there is a problem? What if I cant to any of those quizzes? I only get one chance what if I blow it?" He said in a panic.

"You won't! I did it so you can do it too." Hyeri said rubbing his shoulders with both of her hands.

"I am not you Hyeri, you're brave and intelligent but I'm not."

"You are brave and intelligent too Namjoon, I have already seen that in you. All you need to do now is believe in yourself."

"What type of quizzes will there be?" He asked her.

"I can't tell you that, they change it for everyone but if you use logic and reasoning, you'll do it." He stayed quiet, "Namjoon I personally believe that you are way more intelligent than I am so if I could do it, you'll do it too!"

"How can you tell?"

"It took me a whole day to complete the second test but you did it in less than a day, that's enough to tell me you're a high IQ person." Hyeri replied with a smile.