59

Namjoon stood quite still for a while.

At first it was impossible to even get a single hue of red but as soon as he touched the red one, a whole garden of red clay was spotted.

He cursed at his luck before opening the casket to see the colour he had out in.

It was red but definitely very light.

The deepest kind.

On comparing the red he had with the ones that laid at a little distance, he knew he had to do something quick.

He walked to the area and quickly emptied the casket making sure it was neat and tidy by the end of it.

There was a load of different reds in front of him. Some were light, some dark and some he had trouble in telling apart.

He was running out of time and wished he had a watch to know how much he still had.

Taking some of the ones which he felt were the darkest one by one, he laid them all next to each other but he couldn't tell them apart.

He tried concentrating but it was no use. Frustrated, Namjoon moved his hand in a sudden bolt causing the colors to mix.

For a second, he stared at them in regret but soon a smile took over his face.

He took some of the light red hue and mixed it with the dark ones. After that he kneaded the clay uniformly so that all the colours were distributed uniformly without leaving any space.

Satisfied with what he had now, he quickly kept the clay in the casket carefully and stood up.

He was sure he had some time left but not sure how much so ran to the door like was being chased by a hungry pack of wolves.

While dashing, he mentally patted himself in the back.

He suddenly remembered that all dark colours have different colours mixed in them. Like black, all dark objects absorb light instead of reflecting.

Holding the casket tight next to him, he walked through the door.

The table that earlier disappeared, was still there.

Namjoon's breath hitched thinking what if he was wrong. There could be another deeper shade of red in the big field that he missed or couldn't get to because he was distracted.

Nevertheless, he knew that he had no time to go back in the big place and had to give in what he had.

He placed the Casket from where he had picked.

Hyeri had told him that if he succeeded in a mission, the casket will disappear.

He saw the outline of the casket fading and a smile of satisfaction started dancing on his lips.

He was one step closer to finishing the fifth task. Although there were four more steps, this one step gave him a huge amount of confidence.

The challenge was not that hard he felt. But one could easily get mistaken.

He had almost given in the first red he saw as red was hard to find in the first place but he thanked his vision and instinct.

Dark things sure have a lot of secrets mixed in them.

He was happy to have finished the mission but he knew he couldn't let it get in the way of other missions.

He looked at the four caskets. Again, falling into the same dilemma of which box to pick.

Before picking any box and setting the timer on he wanted to rest a bit.

All that running had drained the energy out of him.

After sitting on the cold floor, he took a berry out and plopped it in. It was his award for passing the test.

After resting for a few more minutes, Namjoon then stood up and walked towards the four caskets.

Roaming his hand over the four boxes he stopped at the one which was kept in one of the corners.

Feeling that was it, Namjoon picked the box slowly and stepped back from the table.

He looked around the casket but there was nothing there. It really bothered him how everything was not how it should be.

He then opened the box and as expected, found it empty.

He then closed it again and looked for the writing and he saw it.

In white beads, his next mission was written in the box.

It felt so magical for some reason. Hyeri had never mentioned magic to be a part of any world let alone his but everything around him screamed magic.

Namjoon shook his unwanted thoughts away and looked at the box again.

I'm thirsty. Quench my thirst. Quench it fast.

Namjoon read the sentences in mind before saying it out loud.

"I'm thirsty. Quench my thirst. Quench it fast." He read it carefully to not mess the sentences up.

He felt the ground moving and looked up to see the table gone again.

The only difference from the last time was that it was quick. The door in front of him was the only gate in the dorm except the one he had used to walk in.

Although it was the same door through which the land of clays laid, Namjoon was sure it will lead him to his second mission as well.

Slowly, with the casket secured in front of his chest, Namjoon walked towards the door and knocked like the last time.

The gate opened and allowed Namjoon to step in.

As soon as he got in, the door closed with a sharp noise.

He looked around and was wondering what place he was in.

The test organisers sure do have variety and a big range.

In front of him was a big, barren land.

There was nothing in sight, just dry land and a small jug.

Namjoon walked towards the jug in fast steps and saw that what first looked like a jug was a big earthen pot.

Big. It was large.

A kind of pot Hyeri had shown him while telling him how it was used to boil blood by demons.

Namjoon felt goosebumps run all over him thinking about it.

On reaching the pot he saw another note and knew what he had to do.

Please vote.