68

Namjoon had more than enough water in the small container he had taken off from a tree after climbing it with difficulty.

It was easy to say that he had no climbing experience and had the most painful fall as a result. But it was all worth it when he finally took the branch down.

To make the base even, he used leaves and wet soil and once the water was held tight, he made his way back to the door.

He wanted to jump in the water. He had never felt this dirty and the mud sticking up on him made everything irritating. But he had no time to deal with his personal problems.

So he just ignored his desires and moved on, planning to stop by the lake near the dome when he went back for Hyeri.

He was following the trail he had left and was looking for sharp rocks on the way back.

He had already gathered a few twigs and dry leaves to keep the fire going but igniting it was going to be a hard time.

He was also exhausted. When he looked at the ground, he saw it ready and prepped for him to lay down and sleep.

But he had to fight his urges, for a little while more, he had to endure the pain and exhaustion.

He stopped in front of a pile of stones.

There were many of them and he didn't know which ones to use to make fire quickly but he had only a little time left.

He knew that the door was still pretty far away so he didn't want to put on the fire yet.

He grabbed a plentiful of those stones and stuffed them in Hyeri's bag. Her weak sling bag was almost coming apart but Namjoon had more things to worry about.

Plus, Hyeri won't have any use of her bag in the coming future so it wasn't much regretful. His first priority was completing the task and going back on time.

Time. He didn't even know how much of it he still had on his hand but he knew he had to hurry.

Picking up the round branch filled with water, he started tracing the trail back again.

Soon, he saw the door in front of him and took a deep breath, most of the work was over. The scavenging part of the mission was over.

He took the casket out quickly and kept it on the ground. He opened it to see the two parts of the box completely filled.

One with air and the other with sand.

Now he had to slowly put the water it.

He took a big leaf out from Hyeri's bag and folded it neatly to form a step-down edition of a spoon as he couldn't risk the water to mix with sand or go in any other parts as well.

He had to do it neatly to get full points.

After carefully putting the water in the casket up to the brim, he looked at the fourth part that was still empty and filled with air.

He had to remove the air part quick and replace it with a burning weapon. He then took the leaves, twigs and the stones out from his bag.

Grabbing two stones that looked alike, Namjoon started rubbing them against each other.

He did that for a few more seconds before realizing that they won't help him with the fire.

He tried many more combinations after that too but they were all useless and took more of his time.

He was started to lose hope now. It felt as if it had been more than an hour already since he walked through that door and whatever he was doing was just worthless now.

He felt extremely gloomy out of nowhere, and grabbed two random stones and started rubbing them against each other.

He expected nothing. He had done it a dozen time already. But this time he felt something warm on his finger.

It was quick to shy away though, the moment he felt it, it disappeared.

He had finally found the duo he was going to use to start the fire.

He rubbed the stones again, now more skillfully.

The hope that once was lost was slowly coming back in. He was determined, now more than ever.

He was a few steps away from completing the tasks.

After a few more rubs the stone ignited again, this time the spark stayed for long.

Namjoon quickly kept the stones down towards the dry leaves which immediately caught fire.

Namjoon sighed in relief. The fourth essential element was right in front of him and all he had to do was put it safely inside the casket.

He had to make up a strategy first.

He stood up and opened the door slowly to slid in Hyeri's bag and other things that he was not going to use.

Keeping the door wide open, he went back and crouched in front of the casket.

He filled the last part with small crushed twigs and leaves before taking a big twig and taking it near the fire he had created.

After the twig was burning, he quickly swung his hand and placed it in the fourth compartment and closed the lid immediately.

He then rushed back to the dome and shut the door quickly using his leg.

He kept the box on the table and moved back, hoping he had made back in enough time.

The few seconds of waiting felt like some sort of punishment for him. He looked at the edges of the casket carefully, praying for a miracle.

And just how his prayers were answered before, he saw the outline disappearing for the last time.

He did it. He had finally achieved what many couldn't. He passed the fifth test. He passed the test conducted by his home universe.

Suddenly he felt his body weight becoming impossible to hold. It had worked a lot and now that the work was over, it needed rest.

Namjoon gathered all his things including the spile, the big stick, the extra stones and the water container and made his way to the door remembering how the bamboo piece he had lost earlier that belonged to Hyeri was not something she found randomly, but a prized possession like the ones he had now.