98

Road. He could now see it.

Namjoon was very skeptical about taking the shortcut that Larry had suggested, even straight forward about it.

But this was the man who had already helped him once so there was no reason for him to not trust the man. Well, there were a lot of reasons but Namjoon still decided to trust him.

For once, he wanted to not be the one calling shots again, he wanted some rest and Larry's company gave him just that.

Larry was compassionate. He was generous and providing.

Namjoon learned that it was Larry indeed was the person the group had lost. He also confessed about being with those people for a while and directed where he could find them eventually, but Larry was serious about not having them as a company.

'You'll be my company for a while and then I'll find someone else.' He said,

Larry promised him to accompany him as a payback for what Hyeri did for him and his friends.

Namjoon felt incredibly lucky. He tried to think about the chances of finding not one but multiple good people and it made him feel lucky.

Now he could see the road. His friend had rightly led him to it.

"There's a garden somewhere here soon. Let's try to get there by night time, I'm starving." Larry said. He had been on a diet ever since he was separated with only a few berries to go about.

Namjoon nodded and both of them started walking after taking a well-deserved rest.

"Did they try to look for me?" Larry asked, the tone of his voice indicated how long he had waited to ask this question.

"Yes, yes they did. They're worried about you." Namjoon replied with a smile.

"The thing is, even if I go back, my life will not be in my hand. Their method is good and all, but it binds me and the others." Namjoon nodded, he himself had felt that way.

"I am sure whatever you decide, will be for the best." Larry nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, I hope so." They both continued walking in silence before Larry broke it again.

"So, you and Hyeri." He looked at the boy mockingly and wiggled his brows.

Namjoon felt his cheek warm up and looked away.

"She had told me that you were his fiancé, back when she saved us, she had told me that you guys were together before you two foolishly decided to play destiny." Namjoon chuckled.

"So, she told you that before she told me." Larry let out a chuckle too.

"In her defense, I was nagging her a lot."

"Did she tell you anything else?" Namjoon asked.

"Just that she was here was the spear part. You stayed behind for that as well, right?" He looked at Namjoon who was now looking down.

"Yes. It meant a lot to her." He said with a sad smile.

"So what, you're just giving up now?"

"I have my days here numbered. I promised her I will go back to her. I can't break my promise."

"Man being an angel is hard."

"I'm not an angel here."

"You are one at heart." Larry said with a smile.

"Honestly, I don't believe in the spear thing." Larry continued.

"I mean I believe that it used to exist, and that people have found the other five parts but it seems impossible that the last part is here."

"Same, I think it would have been found already if it were here." Namjoon added.

"We're people with the same thinking, now that is new."

Hoseok had to do it.

Even though his heart was battling his mind and tried to give it a lot of reasons to change its mind, he had a duty to his friend.

With his mother's presence, he explained everything to Hyeri.

It had been a good four days ever since Hyeri had gained consciousness, and she was ready according to his mother so he wasted no time knowing that if Namjoon was going to come back, this was the prime time.

'He's not back yet?', was the only thing Hyeri asked.

She didn't try to fight the information, as if she already knew somewhere.

She was calm. Too calm. It was unsettling for Hoseok who was there for her ever since she woke up.

He was now having tea with his mother alone in silence. It was unusual for her to be so quiet.

He had thought she would be proud of him for taking such step but she hadn't said anything much ever since she arrived.

"Are you alright mother?" He asked taking another sip.

"Yes," she said and did the same, "it's just that I have not heard from Annie since yesterday. It's a Sunday but I didn't see her in the garden today." She said in a worried tone.

His mother had already told him how much Anne liked to pick the flowers that bloomed on Sundays. He felt sad, knowing whatever happened yesterday was the reason behind it.

"I'll go check on her today?" He asked not believing what he said.

"That will be phenomenal! I won't ring her for it to be a surprise." Hoseok's mother smiled widely making him chuckle.

After dropping his mother off, he decided to go to the market to pick the Sunday flowers as it was too late for him to get them in the garden.

With the expensive flowers in the passenger seat, he drove to Anne's house, still making up words in his mind.

Words of apologies, words of comfort.

Soon, he was in front of her house. He knew she was alone at this hour of the day and it made him more nervous.

A nervous Hoseok always messed things up but he still rang the bell.

He waited patiently but his insides were dancing.

A minute later, he felt the door open. slowly as Anne peeped out.

"What are you here for?" She asked trying to look bothered but she looked cute.

Her hair was down and it seemed like she had just left the bed.

"I brought you these." Hoseok said extending his arm to give her the flowers.

"Did your mother ask them to get them for me?" She said, now opening the door a little more, still not coming out.

"No. I wanted to apologize, for yesterday. I don't raise my voice like that and I'm really sorry."

"I made you raise your voice then?" She said and was about to close the door again but Hoseok was quick to hold it.

"Anne, I am sorry. I am really sorry." He said pulling the door slowly.

Anne looked at the flowers, the Sunday special really did something to her heart.