11

Hyeri looked at the boy with slight disappointment written in both of their faces.

"This is the fourth time Namjoon, what was it this time?" She asked while rubbing his shoulder.

"I can't remember. I'm so sorry Hyeri I can't do this." He said hiding his head in his hands.

"Namjoon you have to believe in yourself and do exactly how I told you."

"I tried. So many times. I just can't seem to do it."

Hyeri sighed and fished something from her bag, not sure if it was going to help but she was ready to give a try.

"Here, hold this and when you feel like opening your eyes or breathing, press hard and maybe it will bring you back to reality." She said keeping the oak branch on his hand.

This branch was carved with blunt edges, something that Hyeri really liked.

It was the only fancy thing she had picked from one of the resident's open sale. The brown piece of wood caught her eye among a lot of scrapes and she had always kept it close to her ever since.

"It's quite fancy." Namjoon said studying the oak.

"It's fancier than many things you see here." She said making him hum. Normally she wouldn't have put one of her treasures on stake but this was the only thing she carried along and she was in no mood to give up on the easiest challenge.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" He asked to which she shrugged.

"I don't even know if you can take it in there with you. But please try to hold on to it, I really like it." She said and gave him a berry.

"Get recharged and march right in again sir." Namjoon took the berry and plopped it right in.

"I guess I should go in again." He said and stood up.

"When you reach there, wait for me." She said and he gave her a quick nod.

"If I reach there I will."

"I believe in you, you can." She gave him a reassuring smile that Namjoon couldn't help but to return.

"Be safe, don't inhale anything." She said as she watched Namjoon enter again.

Hyeri didn't knew she had so much patience, she was always restless when she was going through all of this herself but now she was more calm now.

Namjoon's presence somehow made her more sensible, maybe it was because she was no longer alone.

But she didn't want to get attached to this feeling, incase Namjoon left which she was sure that he would. She'll give her everything to spare Namjoon the troubles that she's been going through.

Namjoon walked in, his pace slower than ever. He was weirded out by so many things but nothing excelled his imagination at that point.

The rounds that he took before, he tried distracting himself as much as possible but this time he couldn't even do that.

He was painfully aware of his sorrounding and it made chills creep up on his legs, somehow all of that made his speed even slower.

He wanted to scream in agony but he knew he couldn't. He stood at one place and took a few seconds to collect himself and started walking again, his pace faster than he initially started.

He tried to think of things to think about but like before, his mind was still betraying him.

He still focused on thinking about his life before he ended up in that strange land but that only made his head ache.

He gulped the saliva forming in his mouth and rubbed his forehead like Hyeri would have done.

Hyeri, the person who had stuck with him all this while. His hand left his face and his legs felt a little firmer.

He had found his ultimate topic and that was going to be his very kind friend who was helping him find his way out of the hell.

He thanked his stars for sending the perfect angel along his way in his tough times.
Someone so willing to help him, someone who was ready to leave their own life behind to help him.

She didn't seem like someone he would meet if he was living with humans.

Ever since he had woke up in this world, Hyeri had been with him, hell even before that she had been taking care of him.

She helped him by saving him the painful experiences at every step and even now she was sitting right outside, holding up with him being a baby.

She was someone he wished to keep forever, and he didn't knew how to repay her generosity.

If he passes all the tests, he will be able to go back home but Hyeri would still have to live in that very place that would be a synonym of hell.

He was busy in his thoughts when he heard that voice again which made all the energy in his legs fade away again.

Sweats appeared on his forehead as he now struggled to push his feet to move forward.

Hyeri felt a weight lift over her shoulder when 10 minutes had passed, under the mist of Namjoon's victory she went around the mountain which was roughly a 10 minutes walk in itself, since the mountain was nothing but an illusion.

She looked forward to see Namjoon but to her dismay there was no one there.

She stood there for a second, only to realize that Namjoon hadn't passed the test yet.

Seeing that it was already over 20 minutes she had last saw him, she concluded that he had lost again.

Leaving a big sigh, she turned her heels and ran back to the entry point.
She didn't want him to be alone and she blamed herself for misreading the situation.

When she didn't find the boy near the entry point she panicked. There were only three places he could be if he hadn't run away from her and he wasn't in the first two.

She looked at the mountain as her legs too, went stiff.