31

After resting for about one hours, Namjoon was pulled up by Hyeri and dragged in front of the place that was making Namjoon more weak than the previous one.

He was very confident when he was starting the last round but now that confidence had all swept away.

Even though Hyeri had assured him that he will do good anyways, Namjoon's nerves were still eating him up.

"Namjoon cheer up, the more you believe in yourself, the easier things will be inside there." She said while dusting the dirt away from his shoulder.

"Just give you best and think logically."

"I'll try my best." He whispered slowly.

"But what if my best is not good enough?" He asked taking her hand, "what if I get stuck inside there?"

"You won't, they'll just send you back here if you don't pass it. And I am sure that it won't come to this, I know you will pass this. You are able."

"What if I'm not?" He asked again, his voice was strained which broke Hyeri's heart, she didn't like seeing him so vulnerable.

"You have to be Namjoon, for the both of us. You wanted to share my responsibilities earlier so do this for me. Come back as a victor. I know you can do it, I believe in you." She said pressing both of his cheeks to form a 'o' from his lips.

"You will not being yourself down, there are enough people who will do it for you what you need to do is trust yourself like I do."

Namjoon just nodded and stepped a little away from Hyeri. Although Hyeri was still hurt by his cold behaviour, she thought that putting him in unnecessary talks would do no good so she just watched him go away further from her without saying anything.

Pressing her lips in a thin line, she saw him reading the big sign on the gate.

The gate was large, so large that 5 more Hyeris could stand on top of her and she still would be able to go inside the beautiful place.

The interiors from what she remembered were not very elegant like the last place.

In fact, this place looked like it was the first thing that was made in that place, the walls smelled like old mud and paper and the colour of the atmosphere looked like an ancient piece of art.

It was definitely old but so alluring and mesmerizing.

Your mind can play a trick on you
But let it not succeed
For it might not turn out how you want
It might just snatch the deal

Namjoon squinted his eyes as be read the instructions, it was less of how to do the test and more how not to do it.

With a heavy heart he knocked on the giant door and waited for it to open.

If the quizzes part wasn't scary enough, he would have to be with multiple demons all alone in that place that looked like a hunting ground to him.

He still couldn't believe that the place didn't bother Hyeri, instead Hyeri really liked this place for some reason.

She mentioned it was just how her taste suits, that it held so many symbolic meaning and she could just stay there for the rest of her life.

At first it confused Namjoon but then he shrugged it off thinking it as a personal preference, for him the last place was the most beautiful sight in the planet that he laid his eyes on, well one of the most beautiful.

He looked back at Hyeri who was showing him a thumbs up sign with an assuring smile.

Smiling softly to himself he slowly entered the place leaving the world behind him and entering a whole new one.

At first the room was dark but like Hyeri told, he was supposed to keep walking until someone stopped him.

With hesitant steps, he walked towards the darkness feeling unsure about everything, he was eventually stopped when a hand pressed against his chest.

A sudden cry for help escaped his mouth but he immediately composed himself as he tried to find out the source of that hand.

He soon saw a small light, like a candle burning a few steps away from him and cursed at himself for not noticing it earlier.

Still noticing the demon's presence, he decided to wait for him to instruct what to do next.

But when he wasn't saying anything, Namjoon hesitantly walked towards the light.

He was really thrilled to see the little lamp, it looked really beautiful like the Sun that only came out for a few minutes in the morning.

"Go ahead, pick it up and read the quiz on the wall." The voice behind him said.

With trembling hands he picked the lamp up, wincing at the sudden hotness on his palm, he lifted the lamp up to find engravings on the wall.

He moved a little closer to take a better and clearer view of the words.

Only thing he could figure out was that the there were mirrors all the boundary of that place and he had to place the lamp at such a place that would instantly light up the entire place.

But if he would keep it in more than two wrong places, he would immediately lose the challenge.

So that meant that he had only three chances to try his luck or intelligence.

He looked around in darkness and gulped seeing how difficult the first task was.

Without wasting any time he started finding the mirrors which wasn't that hard as they reflected the light from the lamp.

After moving around the place for a while he concluded there were total 15 mirrors in the room.

9 were placed at different angle and above the ground level which meant that those were not the ones where he had to keep the lamp because he would simply not reach them.

The rest 6 were reachable and he had a 1/2 chance of succeeding with three tries but so many arrangements that guessing would just make it impossible for him.

He was now standing in the middle of the room, thinking how he would go around.

Opinion on how its going please 👉👈