74

Hyeri was tired but she had already took so many breaks. She kept moving on without interrupting the flow that she and her partner had made.

"It will be night soon, we should stop here." Namjoon declared and she sighed in relief.

"If you were tired Hyeri, you could have just told me." He said with a light chuckle.

"How did you know?"

"Your eyes, they tell." He said looking deeply into her eyes which made her feel weird things.

"And you have been breathing heavily for a while too." Namjoon added cheekily.

"Oh."

"Don't hold in anything. Tell me how you feel all the time." Namjoon said and moved to the roadside.

"Sit here, I'll be back in a while ok?" Hyeri looked scared for a while, she looked around and there was nothing around her.

"I just need to check if the area is safe. I won't go far, just yell for me if something happens." Hyeri hesitantly nodded. She didn't want to be alone even for a second.

She drew a few patterns on the sand below her with her finger and waited for Namjoon to come back soon.

Namjoon walked a little far away to see if there was something suspicious but thankfully the area was clear.

He had never done this before simply because Hyeri used to stay away in the nights.

But now when both of them will be sleeping at night, Namjoon had to make sure that they will make it safely through the night.

He saw the darkness filling in and made his way back quickly to where he had left Hyeri.

He saw her sitting attentively. She looked really cute from afar. Namjoon just wanted to watch her like that.

The uncertainty her face held everything she saw Namjoon would always leave a scar in his heart and he hated being so vulnerable.

Namjoon went to the girl without wasting any time.

"Hey, I'm back." Hyeri left the breath that she was holding ever since Namjoon went away.

"You really need to stop being so cute Hyeri." He said making her face go red a little.

"Well it's better if you lie down fast before it's completely dark." Hyeri nodded and laid down after clearing an area, something the old Hyeri did too.

Namjoon left a respectable space between him and the girl and laid down too.

Hyeri was looking at the weird sky while Namjoon was trying to look at the girl but his vision was not allowing him to do that successfully.

After a few minutes of silence, Namjoon found himself slowly drifting away in his dreamland.

Before he got knocked out, he heard his name.

"Namjoon, are you still awake?" He heard Hyeri speak.

"Yes. Yes I am. Is there something wrong?" Namjoon asked immediately sitting up, sleep was now forgotten.

"My head hurts, can I have your bag to keep it below my head?" She asked.

Namjoon thought about it for a few seconds.

"The bag is really rough Hyeri, you will not be comfortable."

"I can't sleep because of my head though." He heard her say.

"I am coming near you alright?" Namjoon said softly and shifted near to where she was.

"Here, you have nice night vision right? Grab my hand." She saw his hand in the air.

She grabbed it, giving away her location. Namjoon used her hand to get close to her.

"You can keep your head on my chest and I'll give your head a little massage to help you sleep ok?" Hyeri thought for a while before shifting again.

She slowly crawled a little on the man and kept head right where his heart was beating the loudest.

She saw the beats increase and felt electricity run all over her when he kept his hand on her head.

Namjoon felt her flinched and immediately took his hand away.

"Uh I'm sorry."

"No please. I want to sleep." Hyeri said tugging on his hand.

Namjoon kept his hand on her head again thanking the darkness for hiding away his red cheeks but his heartbeat gave him away.

Hyeri listened to his organ beat like a lullaby and with his hand working magic on her head, she was soon fast asleep.

Namjoon heard soft snores coming from her and sighed in relief.

He then gave her head a small short kiss, as a promise that he will be there with her till the next morning and the rest of their lives if she allowed him again.

Soon, with Hyeri in his arms, Namjoon fell asleep too, determined that the next day he will get his Hyeri water to drink and have a relaxing bath in.

"Where is he?" Namjoon's father asked his friend who had been covering for him for almost two weeks now.

"Sir I told you, he went on a trip for some research."

"Where? Why can't I contact him?" His mother asked him.

Namjoon's parents had earlier surprised the man who was himself gravely worried about his friend.

"He said he'll be back soon when he gets what he went for." His friend answered truthfully, lying was never a good attribute for angels.

"We need a location so we know he is safe." His mother said, now frustrated over how his friend was trying to gaslight them.

"Why do you think I will know where he is?"

"After that girl, you're the only one he trusts enough to share everything. The girl is currently out of station so we need you to spill." His father said.

"Out of station or out of this world sir?" His friend asked.

"Hoseok, my child, we're worried about our child and we think he went after Hyeri so please just tell us that he is safe here." His mother asked using a sweeter tone.

"If the image of your son being in that place hurts you so badly that you had to come to me to know where he is, then why did you send your future daughter-in-law there?" Hoseok asked trying not to lash out in the elders in front of him.

"Did you really think that Namjoon won't go after Hyeri?"

"Hyeri was capable. Namjoon is not. My child is a genius but he has his shortcomings too." Hoseok scoffed at the two people sitting in front of him and wanted to get rid of them as soon as possible.