94

"Over here!" Namjoon ran towards the voice and hid along with the man who called him.

"They are so many this time." He heard the man say, or like everyone calls him, 88.

"There is no way we can just wait around for them to walk by. There's a huge chance that they will sense us." He heard 91 say.

"Right. We need to get out of here."

"Where are the rest of us?" Namjoon asked. He still wasn't up to the codes that they had taught him.

"They're out of danger but still keeping an eye over here in case something goes wrong." Namjoon nodded.

He was still sleeping when he felt someone shouting and when he woke up, he saw him panicking.

"The beasts are coming!" He had announced.

The team split up into two and unfortunately, Namjoon had to be in the one who was supposed to wrap up the tent while the other one protected food.

"Its dangerous to run out of here, we should just wait for the signal." The signal. It was one to relieve them that they were out of danger.

"Are you kidding me? After what happened to Larry? I am taking no risks." The man said furiously. They were still very mad.

Larry. The name felt so familiar. Namjoon wondered if it was the same person he was thinking but he had already told and asked so much and now he was holding back in order to continue hiding his identity.

He looked around and all he could see was absolutely nothing, well except the forest around him.

"It's still not wise to run away from here when we don't know where the beasts you saw are coming from." He heard someone whisper but he didn't to see who.

Namjoon looked around, hoping to get out of that situation as soon as possible.

These were not kids they were talking about, grown up demons were heading towards them.

There had been a miscommunication among the team members which resulted in them not knowing where the demons were heading to.

Although grown up demons were more strict on following rules, that meant that they could not kill humans if they had a clean records, but some demons hampered the records just to have a delicious snack.

Some.

But Namjoon was not going to take any chance on his life.

"Do we by any chance know how many of them are there?" He someone ask but then heard a quick no.

The way these group of friends behaved was really awkward for Namjoon. He wanted to get out of there, leave their group and go on his trip alone and complete the task and go home.

But these people provided him something that was of the most importance, security.

He knew if it came to that, he will be the first one to be sacrificed but it was his duty to make sure it never came to that.

"Are we even sure that the rest three will come and save us if we are spotted?" Namjoon asked but the other two remained quiet.

They would definitely come for help when the demons are around them to distract them, but helping them out if they are spotted was a whole different scenario.

He knew were not going to put their lives in danger too. He had been inside the man's mind who apparently was the only one who gave orders despite him saying that he was not the leader.

He sure had leadership qualities in them and one of them was that he was ready to sacrifice people in order to save all the others.

Namjoon found it a bad trait. A team is always incomplete if not all people are protected.

What is the point of such a team or leader who will not guarantee your safety in time of crisis?

But still, it was a very huge decision and Namjoon still had no complains over there.

The only problem he faced was that being an outsider, the team will drop him in a heartbeat too.

He could never trust the people around him. For all he knew, he could be used as a bait if things went wrong.

Namjoon had to continue living, for himself and for Hyeri whom he had promised to join soon.

Hyeri. The name did something tingly to him. He felt a wave of electricity on his lips, same place where Hyeri had claimed him hers and allowed him to do the same with her too.

Even when he had not seen her for around a week now, he was crazy for her. He had to see her again.

"I am getting out of here." He said and turned to look at the two.

"I don't mind if you both don't follow me but I have places to be, people to see. I can't just sit around like this waiting for someone who might not even show up." They knew he was right.

The group of demons were probably heading somewhere together and it was only a small chance that they happened to pass where the six people had put up their tent.

Namjoon could easily count the number of times he had wasted hours before with the team when someone thought they were in danger.

It was better to be safe than sorry yes, but Namjoon couldn't afford to waste time. He had already done that for the past few days when he seeked refuge with the men and now it was time for him to go on alone again.

After all, he had to return to the road soon and the team still didn't know that he was only a temporary citizen.

Namjoon felt it as the perfect opportunity.

The team had all the time in the world but he barely had around a week now.

"I will leave now." The two men shared look, visibly taken aback but nodded.

"Tell everyone I'm very thankful to all the five of you." Namjoon bowed and tightened his bag around his shoulder.

He looked around for a while and slowly walked away from the two men.

"I have done the right thing." He told himself.

He had survived for so long and now all he needed to do was go back to the road to home, the spear part could wait for another capable universe traveller.

Hanging by a thread