45

Namjoon stood in awe as he walked inside the newly formed cave. The inside of this cave was so much better than the original one, he could finally see his legs and the surrounding was so much clearer.

He looked around and noticed something yellow sticking out of the walls of the cave in some places and wondered what it was but his thoughts was disturbed by the flapping of the bird again.

He looked at the duo who were already looking at him.

"You need to pay for the boat." The man said again.

"But how?" Namjoon asked.

"You will have to mine this cave. All the gold sticking out of the place should be in our hand by the end of the day." The man said and the bird flew to the nearest gold and plucked it out easily showing how easy the task was.

"But the floor that is beneath you will break the moment you step away from it, except of course the middle of the room where you ae standing right now." Namjoon looked at the ground again and noticed perfect squares that was sectioned beautifully.

"If you don't have any questions, I will leave you to it." The man said and walked away with his bird leaving Namjoon behind.

Namjoon was not prepared for this. He might have been for some tricky impossible questions but this was more confusing than anything he had seen.

He wondered why Hyeri had hid the fact that something so unexpected will happen to him when he is inside there.

Hyeri's nails were almost non-existent now from being chewed at for the last many days and yet she was trying to scrape her finger as her mind was filled with concern and her heart was heavy.

She hoped Namjoon had not drunk from the filthy lake, she hoped Namjoon was ok and had not lost his way to the lake in the first place. She also hoped Namjoon would get an easy task to do or easy questions to answer.

Once a person is in there, the man in charge would randomly choose his work as his 'payment'.

Hyeri still remembered how she had to drag a large log on a slope. She remembered how many times she dropped the big log, sometimes on herself and sometimes on the dangerous water itself. The thought of her dropping it as she was about to reach the top still managed her to shiver.

She really hoped Namjoon was ok and will walk out of there soon but still a part of her was worried for her friend in there.

Namjoon felt even more confused after the door had closed behind him. The room was like its own mirror image no matter where he looked.

He initially thought he would finish on the block that was nearest to the exit but the room made it impossible for him to tell where it was.

He looked around again, making up a plan that would work perfectly. He saw all the gold pieces were at the same level of height. He could easily reach all of them.

But some tiles were red and some were blue along with the normal white ones. He wished he had asked if those tiles were different from the white ones but the man was gone almost immediately as if it was a question not to be answered.

Namjoon sighed knowing he won't know what they meant until he actually steps on each kind.

He was surrounded by eight tiles out of which seven were white and one was red. The nearest tile that was blue was a bit far away so he decided to not test that as it would lead to a lot of losses in the process.

He stepped on the red tile and quickly stepped back on the middle tile. The tile disappeared and from the crack a red fog came out in a thin line. Namjoon quickly covered his nose and mouth but it was too late, the fog had already entered his body and he started feeling a little dizzy.

He found it incredibly hard to stay at one place but he still firmed his legs. He didn't want to step on any tiles and he also didn't want to step on the hollow space next to him where the red tile was initially present.

After a minute he finally felt the cloud of heaviness disappear and his senses go back to normal. He sighed and saw that these red tiles were spread everywhere although their number were not that money but if he stepped on any of them, he would definitely fail.

He still didn't know what the blue ones were but he could tell they were dangerous too but both red and blue ones were unavoidable if he had to take each and every gold piece.

After thinking for a while, he had finally decided on a path that would help him determine what the blue tiles did and get almost half of the pieces with the minimum number of tiles sacrificed.

there was one more problem though, even if he wanted to skip the tiles in the middle, the big size of them would not allow him to do that so the corners would be really hard for him.

But it was also a good thing considering he could stand on them for as long as he desired, the tiles would only disappear once he leaves them.

He took a deep breath and carefully started walking towards a corner and easily pulled out a piece of gold. He then realized that he hadn't planned how he will store all those pieces.

His pockets weren't deep enough for storing anything even berries. He wished he had Hyeri's sling bag but he didn't. He decided to make a makeshift bag with his shirt to store the gold pieces and hoped that his shirt would be big enough to store all the gold pieces without opening up or tearing down.

Taking in a deep breath again, he decided to go for the other piece now.