84

You don't normally learn to value the presence of something until they go away.

It is the same with the people.

Someone who you should be thankful to all the time, ends up being underappreciated and unloved.

Hyeri thought the similar way.

The man next to her had shown in many ways how much he valued her. He was very vocal about how much he loved her.

But she couldn't return the love. She knew she liked him a lot. But she hadn't told him yet.

If felt kind of absurd to her that she was so head over heels for someone she had met for just a few weeks.

But she did. She liked him, a lot.

But she didn't know how to tell him that.

What he was giving to her was still a lot than what she was feeling and she was afraid that he will disappoint him.

She knew that she didn't have a lot of time left, that she will soon forget all her memories that she had made with Namjoon again.

So did it even make sense for her to tell him about things that won't matter to any of them?

She was in a dilemma. She wanted to tell him about everything she felt about him but the constant reminder that she had less than a day left made it all less worthy.

So she decided not to. She was not going to bring up a sudden change just because of a little thing.

Namjoon had no problem with her being like she was then anyways.

Just one day. That was all she had in her hand now. She was scared that it won't be enough but there was nothing that could be done either.

There were only two spots on her back when Namjoon had checked it in the morning.

She didn't understand a lot of what Namjoon told her, he didn't want to burden her with unnecessary talks anyways, but she understood the fear on his face whenever he talked about how less time she had.

"What are you thinking about?" Namjoon broke her from her thoughts.

"It's dark already. Come sleep now, you need it." He continued when she didn't reply.

Hyeri looked at the sky, it was indeed dark. There was light when she had first started thinking. She wondered if Namjoon was lost in his thoughts too for breaking her away from hers that late.

"Come to me Hyeri." She saw him extend his arm for her to take that she took without any hesitation.

Both of them laid back on the ground with Hyeri using him as a pillow again.

"It's a habit of yours." Namjoon said as he started stroking her hair.

At first, he used to do that only when she was sleeping tightly but once he had accidently smooched her head while she was still awake and saw how she had no problem with it. That is when he started to show his affection openly.

"What is?" Hyeri asked, referring to the habit that he had talked about.

"Getting lost in your own world. There had been a few times where you had got in trouble for this really bad habit of yours." Namjoon said ending with a laugh.

"I'm pretty sure nothing is worse than your habit of rubbing your neck all the time."

"This is something that you used to do too, miss Hyeri. And I'm pretty sure that you spend a little more time with me, you'll pick my habit again."

"In your dreams." She said making him laugh again, but it was sad.

"In my dreams Hyeri, I have you like this, in my arms, all the time and not just because you need a pillow." Hyeri felt the same sadness that she felt coming off from Namjoon.

She wanted to tell him that she liked sleeping in his arms not just because he was a perfect pillow for her, but she felt safe and protected.

But again, it won't make sense if this was the last time she could do that with him.

"I don't know if I'm ready for tomorrow." Hyeri admitted, not wanting to end the conversation she was having with the boy.

"I am not either. But if it makes it easier for you, I will be the one to give the test first."

"You promise that?" She asked but didn't hear any reply.

Namjoon wasn't sure on what he should do.

Going through with the test will mean that he was ready to go home.

He wanted that, he wanted to go home with Hyeri.

But he had spent the last two days thinking if he really should abandon the mission that Hyeri was on.

That she had gone through so much to complete.

That she was so close to completing.

He wasn't sure yet what he wanted.

He earlier thought that he will probably figure it out before this night came on but he was still as undecisive as ever.

Sending Hyeri first was the more sensible choice because she had lesser time than him but she was scared, he knew that.

He could not send her if she was not prepared for it. After all, mental strength was her biggest weapon.

He wanted to do it alongside with her.

He was then reminded of his said family legacy that he was so not a part of.

But Hyeri was. She was a part of whatever plan that his grandfather had ad he wanted to help her.

Not his family, he was in no way going to go against his previous self. But he had also promised to honor Hyeri and her choices and leaving her task behind didn't seem like a good thing to do.

"I'm sorry." He replied.

Hyeri didn't say anything but instead moved a little close to him and gave her a small kiss on his head, something that he had always given her when he thought she was sleeping.

"I trust you." She said and smiled knowing that he couldn't see the tears that were starting to form in her eyes.

He had a very bad night vision after all.

But their souls were still connected. Namjoon gave her a kiss back but his lasted for longer.

It held unspeakable words.