32

Hyeri, who first seemed relaxed in front of Namjoon was freaking out again. She just didn't want to show Namjoon how scared she was because she needed him to be on his best mood while going in there.

Even though his mood wasn't the best, she hoped her words had done at least something to cheer him up and give him some sort of confidence.

But it wasn't all a lie when she said she believed in him, she really did.

No ordinary mind could do what Namjoon did in less than a day, Hyeri remember getting lost a lot and almost giving up when she herself was inside that large maze.

She was scared for Namjoon that time and his confidence paid off. It was time for her to be confident when he was nervous.

She really hoped he was doing well inside there and would come out safely and with victory.

One thing she was really thankful for was that the first 5 puzzles didn't had any time limit and the time limit on the last one was very convenient for her, so no doubt it would be same for Namjoon.

She just wished he would be able to complete all and come back to her as soon as possible.

There were more than 50 arrangements that Namjoon could make out with 6 mirrors but he had narrowed it down to 4 now seeing two were kept in completely off places, the light reflected through those would be dead and he'd lose a chance so he eliminated two mirrors

To make sure he won't stumble across them in the dark again, he had kept them upside down.

Now he felt a lot better, he still had three chances on 4 mirrors, but he still knew that he could still choose the three wrong ones.

But then he came across it, the one he thought was the correct mirror.

He then checked the other 9 mirrors and when he was sure enough, he decided to keep his lamp there.

With great expectations, he kept his lamp in front of the mirror hoping that the dark room will light up soon but it didn't

He waited for a few seconds but the darkness told him that he had indeed chosen the wrong mirror.

With a heavy weight he turned the mirror upside down after taking the lamp on his hand again.

He was now left with only 2 chances and still had 3 mirrors and that was somehow worse than before for him.

He now concluded that choosing randomly would still not favour him, he still had to eliminate one but now seeing his choice faltering, he wasn't sure if he'd do that correctly.

But he still went forward and checked the three remaining mirrors.

This time he was hoping to be sure of any one that could not illuminate the place but instead he found two that were almost impossible to light the place up.

He then took a deep breath and went near the last one. He was not a hundred percent sure but according to his calculations, it had to be the one.

Although reluctant, Namjoon still kept the lamp in front of the mirror and closed his eyes hoping this was it.

Soon the darkness behind his eyelids disappeared into a light yellow shade. He opened his eyes and winced at the sudden brightness.

"Wow." He breathed out as he looked at the place.

The walls were enscribed with different drawings and what he felt like different languages. There were so many small details to everything around him and really blew his mind off.

He could now see why Hyeri liked that place so much, it was so shabby yet so wonderful.

It looked like it belonged to a very old museum or library, a place for nerds one would say.

He heard someone clear their throat and saw a demon sitting behind a big desk with cards placed on it neatly.

"Take the seat." The demon said pointing at the chair right in front of him.

Namjoon walked slowly towards the chair and sat down trying not to look at the huge demon sitting right across him who was intimidating him.

"Do you see the 5 cards kept on the table?" Namjoon nodded and said yes.

"For this quiz, you need to do something called look at your inner reflection. It compliments the first quiz." The demon said as he turned each card around.

All the pictures on the cards were different. The first card depicted a child girl with a halo, another depicted an old man with a red spear.

The third one was blank but the background was goldish-yellow, a colour that was imprinted in his mind because of the last challenge and then it hit him,

the cards weren't any ordinary cards but they all depicted a universe.

He watched the demon flip the fourth card and there was an animal but Namjoon couldn't tell which one, the fifth one was also an animal but way different than the previous one.

The demon then placed the sixth cars on the table, and looked at the boy who was still examining the 5 cards.

"Earth." He said and pointed at the card beneath the demon's hand.

"It's Earth in there." he said.

The demon then flipped the last card and he saw a man with a shovel type on tool. It was a farmer.

Namjoon's guts said that he was right but he wasn't sure. The quiz was too easy for someone who has been with Hyeri. She had already explained him and even though he had not mastered it.

He still could tell seeing the cards what they collectively were supposed to tell.

He saw the demon pick up a bell kept on the table and ring it before standing up and disappearing.

Hw didn't know what just haooene but he was sure that the second task was over. He looked at the two animal cards and sighed knowing if it was any one of them that he would have had to guess, he would have surely lost.

Give a vote before you leave