78

There are only a few times when whatever you had planned goes on perfectly. Again, in a perfect world, the probability of this happening will drastically increase.

But this was no perfect world. In fact, this wasn't imperfect either since imperfect has the word perfect in it.

This was a destroyed world. It kills your ambitions and slaughter your dreams.

Namjoon couldn't sleep that night.

Hyeri had made him promise that no matter what happens, he will try to search for the spear but if he failed to find it before the spots in his back disappeared, he will enter the portal and go back home.

She knew promise was his weak spot. He will never break one and frankly he was never interested in whatever his family had going.

He just wanted to go back home along with Hyeri.

But this meant a lot for Hyeri and if she was ready to risk her life for this then the least he could do was try.

But there was something else that bugged Namjoon a lot.

Hyeri had also made him promise to keep her with him the entire time.

That meant that he wasn't supposed to send her before him but now if felt impossible.

He had almost two more weeks than she had and now that one more day ended, she had only four days until she will become the permanent resident of the place and Namjoon was not going to let that happen.

He didn't give any care in the world for whatever his family legacy was. In that moment, he knew only Hyeri and he will do anything take sure she is safe.

He brushed Hyeri's hair softly and she snuggled more onto his chest. This feeling of holding her close to himself was making him crazy.

He was crazy in love with this girl and he was not going to let a piece of some spear destroy her future.

"I will get us out of this place my love. Together we will go back home and recreate our lives. My Hyeri, I promise you that." He said and kissed her forehead.

Hyeri who was woken up by his hands roaming on her head heard it all.

She knew something was wrong, his voice spoke distress but she also wanted to keep laying on him without speaking another word.

After all, he talked about taking her home.

"When we go back, I'll probably forget about you again and you'll forget about me." She heard him continue.

"But my angel, there is no world where I will stop loving you. You'll make me fall hard for you again but I'm scared. I'm scared that you'll forget me forever like you have now." Hyeri felt uneasiness in her throat.

Sure, she didn't remember about anything but the man in front of her had already moved her beyond words.

He was caring, understanding and loving. And he was the only person she knew.

Maybe she had forgotten about him but she also believed that he was indeed someone of great importance in her previous life.

But he didn't like whatever he was saying. Why will going back home result in her memory loss again? She needed answers but didn't know if she wanted them.

Sometimes what you need is not a thing you want to keep with yourself.

"Just learn to trust me Hyeri. Four more days." She already did, there was no one else whom she could put her trust in anyways.

Soon she felt his heart beat slow down. He was finally going to sleep and it made her relieved for some reason.

Even though she didn't know anything about this man, she cared for him.

She noticed how little he ate when they were short in berries but made sure she was eating regularly and lot.

She noticed how he would check the area whenever they stopped just to make sure there wasn't anything that would give her a fright.

She noticed how he would pat her head every time she didn't cause any trouble. It only made her to act more sensibly.

Just in a few days, she started to crave for his attention even though his attention was mostly on her.

She didn't really mind doing all that since she noticed Namjoon liked that.

She felt sleepy again now that the man beneath him was fast asleep. She snuggled a little more on his chest and fell asleep again hoping she would be up to watch the sun rush going down again.

Hoseok had one hell of a restless night.

The visit from his friend's parents had made it harder for him to think about anything else but the well being of his friend and the girl he admired so much.

Hyeri had a way to with people. She was smart, kind and on so beautiful.

Even in the crowd of angels, she was the most angelic and had everyone who crossed paths with her swoon over her.

Hoseok knew it all. When he first saw her, he knew she was taken. She had already found her soulmate and just like so many times he had swallowed his feelings for another, he thought he had successfully done it again.

But then he saw her again. This time with his best friend.

Her soulmate was no one other than his very successful friend who had earned his title as the biggest current mind.

He started seeing her more frequently and she worked her charms on him without even realizing.

He tried to stop her. He went to her too, after Namjoon failed to convince her to do what his grandfather asked her to do.

But he failed too. The girl had a strong will and he knew was capable too.

Unlike Namjoon, he was sure that she will return soon with the spear part.

But it all went wrong when he failed to convince his friend to wait for her. He was sure that she was only taking so much because of Namjoon.

And she had only a few days left.

Everyday, he waited in front of the portals so that when Hyeri and Namjoon arrived, they will have someone to immediately take care of them but nothing.

He was very close to jump into the portal himself, but an unwanted guest only ever causes more problems.