76

"We'll reach there soon." Namjoon declared making Hyeri groan.

"I have lost the count of how many times you have said that in the past hours." She said with a glare.

"That was to keep your spirit up." Namjoon said rubbing his neck.

"Are you still saying that to keep my spirit up?"

"Why don't you look ahead and tell that for yourself." Hyeri looked ahead and saw another nature given thing.

"I have to say, you had a better reaction when you saw the sun." Namjoon mocked.

"We're here." She said and walked towards the lake like a little child.

When Namjoon was previously there, he had made sure to clean himself outside the lake so that he didn't get the lake dirty as he wanted it to be perfect for Hyeri.

"This is so beautiful." Hyeri said as she touched the water lightly.

"Can I drink it?" She asked and he nodded.

"Oh but how?" She asked again.

Namjoon walked towards the girl and sat next to her.

He then took the bag and fished out the log that he had used in one of the missions.

He then dipped it inside the lake.

After Hyeri had drunk to her heart's content, he told her that he can take a bath.

"Here?" She asked looking around. Even though no one was there she felt really insecure to take a bath in an open area.

"Once we leave this area, we won't get another lake for a few days and I don't think you want to go without a wash for so long."

"Oh."

"Don't worry. I was told that no one usually wanders around here." Namjoon said remembering what Hyeri had told him when he was furious that the demons used to watch her in the village's lake.

He saw how hesitant Hyeri was and somewhere he knew he was too. He didn't like it a bit but like Hyeri said earlier, there were some things that have only one solution, and no matter how much you hate them, you have to take it and not complain.

"Take a bath Hyeri, it will help you relax. You can take your clothes off and keep them beside this tree."

"What about you?" Namjoon chocked on air when he heard her say that.

"I-I will be sitting there." He pointed at the rock that was a few metres away.

"Ok. Just don't look back."

"Why will I do that?" He blurted out.

"I don't know. Just don't." She said making him sigh.

"Alright. Call for me when you're done." Hyeri nodded shyly.

Namjoon walked away and sat down where he said he will.

This child like Hyeri still didn't trust him at all and it was hitting him.

Although the previous night was something very new for him, not even the Hyeri that knew him did something like that with him. She was very good at keeping her distance with someone she loved for so long. Something Namjoon couldn't do even for a minute.

He was afraid that he will end up losing Hyeri forever and just the thought made him uneasy.

Hyeri made him fall in love with her not just once but twice but what if he failed in doing that?

He felt insecure, very insecure.

Hyeri could have anyone she wanted in all the six universes. She was that capable.

His venomous thoughts were interrupted by Hyeri calling him.

"Yes?"

"I'm done." He turned to see Hyeri with her wet hair and pale face.

"You were quick." Hyeri smiled nervously, she really wasn't comfortable being so vulnerable out in the open.

"It's going to dark soon so maybe we should go back to the roadside as it is dangerous here." Hyeri nodded.

"Wait, won't you take a bath too?" Hyeri asked.

"We'll be back here in the morning to collect berries so I'll take mine then." Hyeri nodded.

"Also, I didn't really think you will get your hair wet, you can catch cold like this since it's almost night." Namjoon said rubbing his neck shyly.

"Oh. What do I do now?" Hyeri asked as she rubbed her wet scalp.

Namjoon thought for a while and nothing else crossed his mind except something that Hyeri might not really like.

He took his shirt off quickly and gave to Hyeri.

Hyeri who was shocked as the man in front of him was now shirtless, didn't move when he kept his shirt on her hands.

"Rub this in your head. We can't let you go to sleep with wet hair." He said and turned back immediately before Hyeri could say anything.

He started walking away from her in the direction of the road and Hyeri who was still standing in the same place finally realised what was happening and immediately started walking behind Namjoon like a lost puppy.

"You should have told me that I was not supposed to wash my head." She said in a stern voice.

"I'm sorry. It slipped my mind."

"I'll get your shirt wet if I use this." Hyeri said and pushed it towards Namjoon who now stopped walking.

"I don't care if it's wet, I want you to use it to dry up your hair." He pushed it back towards her.

"I don't like you." Hyeri mumbled accepting defeat easily.

Namjoon felt his worst fear come alive but he tried to not show it knowing she was just going through a lot.

"I don't care." Namjoon said and started walking again, his heart pinging in pain.

Hyeri pouted and looked at the shirt again and then at the man who was getting away from her. She quickly ran after him and again started following him like she was doing before.

"Thank you though, for your shirt." She said hoping he would reply with something but he just hummed.

Hyeri felt weird. It was the first time he had brushed her off like that and even if she had spent some two days with him, she was used to him being clingy and talkative.

She thought he was going to speak to her soon but he just did what he had to do without uttering a word.

An hour passed and now Namjoon was laying down far away from Hyeri whose hair were almost dry.

Exams underway. Sorry for slow updates