65

When everything you dream of becomes a reality, you are either the happiest person on earth or the most horrified.

Namjoon just fought off his demons. He didn't actually fight but he knew the next time if he saw this monster in his dreams, he will not be scared. Not everything is how it seemed and he learned it.

There was one less thing he was scared of now. He felt braver and kinder. His instant decision on giving the blood to the monster proved that he had excellent situation understanding capacity.

This mission had put him against one of his fears and he came out a hero. He wished Hyeri was there with him so he could tell her all about it.

Entering the door to the dome again, Namjoon rushed towards the table fearing he had only a few minutes again.

He kept the casket on the table and prayed he was on time.

As if his wish was answered, he saw the outline of the casket disappearing.

Exhaling the breath he had kept inside for so long, he let his body fall on the ground.

His body was overworked. With just a little sleep that he had got in the last two days and all that endless running, Namjoon was tired.

Hyeri had told him to take enough rest in between two missions but he really wanted to be done with them as soon as possible so he could go back to her early.

But he hadn't imagined that going hallway through these missions will drain his energy.

He took three berries out and plopped them in his mouth.

After eating them, he laid flat on the ground. The tiles on the floor were colder than the sand and grass outside and much harder but it didn't bother him a lot.

He just wanted to lay still for a few more minutes before he had to go and complete another mission.

Namjoon kept thinking about his last mission.

This was the first time Hyeri was wrong about something. She had told him that there will be no one but him around there but the presence of the so-called monster just proved it wrong.

He also couldn't help but shift uncomfortably when he remembered how close he was to hurting the kind creature. Maybe the two hadn't exchanged words but their eyes spoke to each other.

And if it hadn't woken up, Namjoon would have definitely lost the mission.

Namjoon felt the board outside which held the warning was really useless. He would love to make more friends and after Hyeri and her friend Larry, the monster was the first person who had been nice to him in the place.

Not wanting to waste any more time, Namjoon stood up again.

The two caskets were sitting beautifully in front him.

Namjoon looked at them, debating which would do good as his last mission.

Deciding the one on his right was the right choice for the last mission, he picked the left one.

Taking a deep breath, he opened the empty box and then closed it again.

He then turned the box around and read the beaded words.

"Bring the stones back and complete the heart."

Namjoon felt the room shift again but he hardly paid any notice to it. He couldn't understand what it meant.

The riddles were definitely tricky, the tasks earlier were all puzzles in themselves. Nothing was how it looked and this particular task felt like a roller coaster to him.

Stones. There was more than one. Heart? What heart? He didn't know what to do but what he did know was that standing there won't help him with anything.

Keeping the casket in the bag on his shoulder, he took his next steps to the door and knocked as usual.

The door opened to a new world now.

This new place he accessed through the door had many other doors with different numbers.

Namjoon thanked that the place was organized. He was not prepared for another maze.

Not sure what he had to do, his first instinct was to enter the first door in the right. But he noticed how the numbers on the door weren't sequential.

Frowning, Namjoon now decided to find the door with the number one. It seemed more logical to him but then searching for numbers was going to be harder like that.

Yet, now standing before the number one door, Namjoon decided to go in.

Feeling as if he had entered a different dimension, looked at the oddly shaped room.

It was helical.

It somehow reminded him of a book which he assumed he had read or seen in his life at home. The helical room looked uncomfortable. As is a square shaped room had tried to change its shape to a circle but failed miserably.

He looked around to find something. His first bet was that he was supposed to look for stones in different rooms and the last room will contain the heart.

Going through the length and breadth of the room, Namjoon shook his head in disappointment. He had wasted a lot of time in that weird room and still had not advanced in his status.

As he turned to leave, a short gasp escaped his mouth.

There it was, a green piece of stone hanging on the back of the door. Namjoon cursed at himself for being so inattentive but the stone was distracting him.

He took the stone off from the wall and looked at it carefully.

The shape of the stone was weird. It was irregular and the edges were blunt. Namjoon assumed that the heart was broken in many of these pieces as the size of the stone was really small. Almost invisible for a person standing a few feet away from it.

Namjoon took one of Hyeri's small containers and stored the stone inside it carefully.

After that he went out and closed the door behind him.

Surprisingly, the door fading away and soon it had disappeared from sight.

Namjoon took this as a nice sign. At least now he won't have to pass through rooms that he had already gone into.

Feeling better now, Namjoon decided to find the door with the next number.