18

Hyeri bit her nails, her eyes red and puffy from thinking too much.

Ever since Namjoon left for his challenge, she started imagining all the things that could go wrong.

He was in there, all by his own, doing something that took her a whole day to do. She was really angry at herself, she could have stopped him, tried harder to change his mind and make him see things that worried her.

She feared that she'd lose him in there, that he would not come back to her at the end of the day.

She was also really upset about the big disagreement they both had just before going in. If she had known that she would not find anything better to tell him, to make him feel more confident about all of this, she would have told him earlier.

Although Namjoon had assured her that he was confident, she knew that she was not.

For someone who analyzed everything before doing it, Hyeri knew that there were more than one way it could go wrong and the probability of it going right was too low.

She also feared that Namjoon would get manipulated in there, that the people in there would do the same thing that they did to her.

Assuming that all these thoughts were invading her mind because she was sitting ideally, she decided to go and talk to one of the people who actually genuinely helped her when she was in there.

She couldn't tell that person why she was there or that Namjoon was in there because that would just be violation of rules. Both of them could get severely punished and she was not a big fan of pain and torture.

She stood up and walked all the way around the maze again. She had first strolled from the entry to the exit to wait for Namjoon there as there was no way he would come out of the entry gate again.

She dragged her feet as slowly as she could as she had all the time in the world that day. She felt like those days when Namjoon was not there in this world with her, or when he was unconscious had come back to her.

After walking for a while she had finally reached the place where she parted with Namjoon a little two hours ago. She hoped he was doing well, that he was on the right track.

She went to the old rusty gate and gave three hard knocks, it looked like the gate will fall off any moment but in reality, it was far more strong than anything.

She went back and stood a little away from the gate when she heard it creaking, the painful noise in the deserted place only grew more louder.

After the gate was opened, she was supposed to go near the gate and shout the name of the person whom she wanted to meet and the person would walk out in a few minutes.

She did that.

After calling for him, she stood outside the gate again, hoping her voice was loud enough for her acquaintance to hear.

Soon, she heard footsteps approaching which made her feel better, she hadn't seen any other person except Namjoon since a few days.

"Hello little friend." She heard him say, a big smile on his lips.

"Hello Larry." She said mirroring his smile.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on your way out of here?" He asked getting serious.

"I had some business around here."

"You need to be on your toes little friend."

"I'll be quick and try my best." She gave him a smile.

"I have something for you." She said and fished a tiny box made out of twigs."

He was inside the border of the maze for if he ever tried to run away, his soul will be trapped inside a demon.

Hyeri on the other hand was standing outside the maze but in a reasonable distance from him, she gave him the box which he took happily.

"Thank you angel. Although you didn't had to do this for me." He said with a small bow.

"I did. It's a thank you gift for guiding me out of here and telling me everything I had to know about this place. I owe my life to you." He chucked seeing her so sincere with her words.

"It's like you both share the mind."

"Both?" Hyeri asked tilting her head to the side.

"Yeah, you remind me of someone, someone I very recently met." He said with a smile.

"Oh" it was the only thing that she could let out, hoping that it was Namjoon he was talking out. If that was the case then she also felt sad about stealing him from Namjoon but she knew that would be a rare chance.

"So what did you do while I was away?" Hyeri asked even though she didn't want to, she felt like the conversation was dying.

"The same. Wake up, sleep and stay in my small group of people." Hyeri came to know that his circle was the one who helped people and it was very small in comparison to the other group that was just looking for people to get trapped in there with them too.

She found this job of him very respectful. Even though he was stuck in a situation where at the end of the day, things would still be bad for him, that didn't stop him from helping her and many other like her.

"Hyeri don't waste your time like this if this is not important. Time is against you, against us all. The forever is too long. We have been already living here since eternity." He said and sadly it was all true.

"Escape this little friend, I hope you both escape this madness."