5

Something has changed, you're not the same

I hate it

It took Namjoon a little while to calm down and think properly.

Purgatory, dead, alive, heaven, universe, Hyeri.........

At least he wasn't alone in all this. He had an angel, an angel in hell.

"You're scaring me with that expression." Hyeri said pulling him from his trance.

"How are you feeling?"

"Thirsty." Namjoon said and heard a sigh almost immediately.

"Me too." Hyeri said but didn't move.

"We should get water then?" Namjoon questioned.

"There is no such thing here. Your thirst is one of the punishments."

"That is cruel."

"I don't know, just don't think about being thirsty. You can eat the berries if you're hungry." Hyeri said and stood up.

"Want to see something positive?" Hyeri asked and gave him her hand.

"Come on! It'll cheer us up!"

Namjoon thought Hyeri looked really cute in that moment. He was sure going to follow her to the end of the world for now.

She was his shining light.

Hyeri picked up the basket after Namjoon stood up.

"It is my favorite place to go to. It's very relaxing." Hyeri said with a big smile.

"Hyeri. Tell me about yourself." Namjoon finally gathered the courage to say that.

"There is nothing about me that would interest you because all I remember is my name just like you." She said with a apologetic smile.

"You seem to know a lot about....... things."

"One learns to adapt themselves in adverse situations."

"I would have been so lost if it weren't for your help."

"I'm sure you are more intelligent than I am Namjoon. You would still make it work. We're here." Hyeri said and Namjoon looked up from the ground.

"What is that?" He asked as he saw Hyeri advancing towards it.

"A tiny version of a hot spring." Hyeri said with a big smile.

"I found it while I was walking around for water."

"But hot spring contains water?" Namjoon was confused.

"Yeah don't drink it, it'll boil your intestines. I still get tummy aches." Hyeri said making a weird expression.

"You drank it?"

"Yeah I didn't had a personal guide sir."

"I would have most definitely died here unchecked." Namjoon said making Hyeri giggle.

"It won't kill you, just hurt you. Not worth it."

"Why are we here if we can't drink it?"

"To take a bath of course. You still smell like a fish market." Hyeri said and scrunched her nose cutely.

"Just don't drink it."

Namjoon walked towards the water body and touched the water. The warmness was inviting him in.

Hyeri was standing beside him, remembering how grateful she was when she found this place, heaven in hell.

"We don't have the whole day. Just take your bath." Hyeri said looking at boy.

"With you watching?" He asked feeling uncomfortable.

Hyeri felt her cheeks heating up but she scoffed.

"I wasn't going to look anyways. I will go sit by that rock. Bathe fast, I have to too." She said and took leave almost immediately, it looked comical.

Once he was sure the girl was out of sight, he got inside the water after getting rid of his clothes.

He didn't knew he needed it that bad until all of his muscles started relaxing. He felt blood flow in his brain more efficiently and tension disappearing slowly.

He could think more clearly now, analyzing his situation and how generous Hyeri had been from the start.

Thinking of Hyeri, his eyes immediately started looking for her, shoulders relaxing when he saw her sitting a little far away, facing the opposite direction.

It was hard for him to believe that the girl who was doing her best to make him feel comfortable was also the one who possibly lived alone and in isolation.

It was a mystery to him. Why she lives in that small house and lived a bare minimum life, when the others in the garden who were just like her, looked in a far better condition.

Namjoon wore his clothes back on after taking his bath, controlling himself from drinking the water was really hard for him, but he didn't want another problem for himself and Hyeri too.

"I'm done." He declared from a distant that was audible for Hyeri.

"Oh great! Just wait here and I'll go take a quick bath too."

Namjoon nodded and sat in the exact same place where she was sitting.

"Take your time." Hyeri nodded and made way to the spring now.

Namjoon took this opportunity to look around.

The place looked like a barren forest, red sand, big rocks and almost no trees. He was surprised that there was a hot water supply here. But of course it is there for punishment. Everything is symbolic.

He wondered how his life was before, was it even a percent of how hard Hyeri's life was and possibly his now.

He felt goosebumps thinking of that the next few days would decide whether he would go back to his home or will have to make a new one.

"I'm done." He heard and looked behind to see Hyeri standing with her wet hairs and red cheeks.

"You'll catch cold, you should dry them."

"I'll be fine. I won't die." She said with a sad chuckle.

"Let's go home. I'll explain you your first test."

"First test?"

"Yes. First and the easiest one."

"How many tests do I have in total?" Namjoon asked while they both were going to Hyeri's place.

"6. Every universe will test you. One by one. It'll only get harder."

Namjoon looked at the sky that was starting to get dark again.

"What if I fail?"

Namjoon asked and there was no reply from Hyeri. He knew what this silence meant.

If he failed, he would be a permanent resident of this new world. Just the thought of it felt scary.

Hyeri was not a big fan of this silence so she linked her arm with him playfully.

"At least you will still have me here."