29

Namjoon felt someone shaking him up from his dream that he forgot in an instance, the darkness was still strong but the skyline was visible and so was Hyeri's outline.

"Come on Namjoon, we need to go." She said and stood up.

Namjoon sat on the ground and looked at the girl who was stretching her limbs after sitting for so long.

They both soon started walking towards the garden in silence and all she could think about was if he was still angry with her and how to change his mood because she felt terrible to have her only companion not talking to her.

"We're here." She said pointing at the little area with leaves, a beautiful sight for the boy who had not seen any for days.

"The sun is also here, collect them in this container and remember don't touch them after the sun goes away." She went in and started picking the berries.

Namjoon joined her too, and unlike the last time he did it, there was no one else with them this time so they were able to gather a lot.

He looked at Hyeri who was jumping to take off a bunch of berries from a tree and giggled.

He helped her take those berries and the berries around her and kept it in her container before going back to where he was picking his berries.

After both of them has took almost all berries, Hyeri had safely kept the berries in her bag and now the duo were headed to the lake that was just 10 minutes away from where they were.

When they first saw the glimpse of the lake, Hyeri ran towards it like a child and dipped her legs in the lake after folding her pants to the knees.

She looked at Namjoon who was still looking at the pretty water body in awe. He saw Hyeri waving at him with a smile and he smiled back.

"Namjoon you can take a bath first I'll go sit by the rock over there." She said pointing at a distance.

"We will bathe here?" He asked looking around.

"Yeah I can't go a day with this weird smell coming off both of us." She said scrunching her nose in disgust.

"But what if it's not safe?" He asked remembering how Hyeri's previous bathing turns were mentioned in front of so many creatures. He was still really bugged out about it and he knew Hyeri understood what he was trying to say.

"Namjoon there are informants everywhere in the village and they keep an eye on new people. I know this is really disgusting but I can assure you that demons cannot follow us here in this area."

"It's still quite open." He said with a pout.

"But it's safe so just go ahead while I wait there, don't take long." She said and walked away hoping that they were really alone.

Namjoon reluctantly got rid of his clothes and got inside the warm water. A moan left his mouth as he felt all his tensed muscles relaxing and a feeling of freshness evolving in each part of his body.

He then took a deep breath before dipping his head in the water, feeling all his negative thoughts run away from his mind.

He then opened his mouth and finally took a good amount of water before gulping it down. He felt his internal organs cool down. It was overall a very precious moment for him. It felt like drinking water for the first time as an infant, the feeling was new but intoxicating.

After a while Hyeri felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see a wet haired Namjoon with a smile.

"Do you feel better now?" He nodded.

Hyeri took out a piece of cloth and gave it Namjoon to wipe his wet hair.

"I'll be back soon," she said and went towards the lake.

Although Namjoon still felt uneasy as a memory of those smuggy devils came to his mind, he knew Hyeri would not listen to him and there was nothing he could say that would make sense.

Hyeri too after discarding her clothes, quickly went in the water and allowed her muscles to relax. After taking her bath, she quickly wore her dress again even though she was still wet, she wasn't comfortable without it and her long hair would get it wet anyway.

"Are you done?" Namjoon asked and she nodded.

"If you want to drink more water, you can and then we'll go." She said squeezing the water out of her hair.

"No, but I wish we had something to carry some with us, in case we need it desperately." He said looking at the lake.

"I have nothing that can hold water for long." She said with a pout.

Namjoon sighed but nodded in defeat. 'Water is not a necessity here' was something Hyeri always said and it was true but the satisfaction that he got from drinking water was unmatched and it bugged him how he was kept away from this sweet miracle.

He still decided not to throw any fit for the sake of his friendship with Hyeri but he still felt like living with a lie.

Ever since he woke up, it was Hyeri's words that brought him up and everything he was and had been for the past few days was all Hyeri. He did what she told him, his sense for right and wrong were her words. He was not sure if what he was doing made sense.

After all, Hyeri did say that if she told him the truth, he would end up hating her. Just what this truth was and was it big enough to change every single thing, his reality and his dreams?

This question haunted him but be decided to stay quite and get done with the day without upsetting the mood of the girl who was elevated after freshening herself in the lake.

He decided to live with the lies for another day.