48

The thought of separating from Hyeri was still bothering Namjoon and he wanted to talk about it but something about Hyeri felt like she wasn't in the mood to listen anything.

Unlike her reaction to clearing his challenges earlier, this time she had a very normal reaction. There was no excitement or longing in her eyes but all those were replaced with tiredness and a weird expression that Namjoon couldn't read.

Maybe she was sad too, after all their days together were coming to an end soon. But he knew Hyeri won't talk about it and he didn't want to be then only one who shared things between them.

He wanted her to tell him that she was feeling all those things too that he was felling. He wanted to know if she will miss him too after he leaves her although just the thought of it made him uncomfortable.

How can he expect her to miss him if he will probably forget her the moment he crosses the portal? He was being selfish but he couldn't help it, he was thinking about it way too much and it caused a very visible frown on his face.

Hyeri would have noticed it any other day but she too had deep frown on her face.

It was not from thinking a lot, in fact she couldn't think of anything. She was beyond tired but she didn't want to stop Namjoon.

Without her notice, her pace became extremely slow and she lagged behind Namjoon who was also not paying attention of anything around him.

They both kept walking until his legs stopped because they didn't know where to go anymore.

Once again, they had lost their sense of time and now were standing awkwardly in the middle of nowhere.

Hyeri stopped too and looked around in fear of losing the boy.

She called out for him and he immediately responded but the voices were not from right next to them.

"Where are you?" Hyeri asked as she refrained herself to turn or she would lose which way was further.

"I don't know but I can hear your voice so keep speaking and I will come to you."

"Alright. But what should I say?" Hyeri asked now looking towards his voice too which was right in front of her.

"Anything will work."

"I can't think but if you were a little specifi- AH" she felt something poke her cheeks.

"It's me." Hyeri exhaled and thought how stupid she must have seemed while he walked all over to where she was.

"Why were you walking so slow?" Namjoon asked as he tried to find her hand in the dark.

"You were the one who was walking very fast." Hyeri huffed making him chuckled shortly as he finally caught her small hands in his relatively large one.

"Oh well then I'm sorry that your small legs couldn't keep up." He heard Hyeri gasp but she didn't reply.

"What should we do now?" Namjoon asked as he tried to look at his sides, "I can't see anything."

"We should go to the corner but I don't know what's there." Hyeri said in a panic. She was already feeling really down and this made her more uncomfortable and sicker.

"We'll find a way out Hyeri. Don't worry." He squeezed her hand in assurance. Even if it looked hard, Hyeri at least had him, right?

"What if we are at someplace very dangerous? Its all my fault. I should have been more careful!" Namjoon heard the sadness and weakness in her voice and it hurt him more than anything.

"Oh now Hyeri its as much my fault as it is yours but now we should immediately find some place to rest." Hyeri sighed as she thought hard about they can do.

"I will have to be extra careful." She whispered to herself but since Namjoon was right on top of her, he heard it.

"I will have to be extra careful too." Namjoon whispered back making Hyeri a little flustered.

"Let's sit down at the corner, we have nothing else to go on." Hyeri said and pulled him softly towards the right.

"Make sure to feel things around, we don't want to stumble on something hard and strong." Namjoon immediately extended his hand after hearing Hyeri.

They both walked very slowly with their hands still tangled. The only thing that could go bad now was either they stumble on a big rock or lose the other one.

"There's a rock here, go left!" Hyeri exclaimed and Namjoon pulled her to the left. After struggling for a couple of minutes, they could finally sit on the place that they deemed best in their given situation.

"That was fun!" Namjoon said and received a nudge on his stomach.

"Nothing about it was fun."

"Well yeah, but it added to the things we did together." Namjoon replied.

"We do almost everything together."

Namjoon hummed and laid down on the ground after checking if it was safe.

"Come lay with me Hyeri." Namjoon said as his hand reached out to her, touching her back.

"I can't sleep."

"I know. I'll make sure you won't sleep." Hyeri thought about it for a moment. She needed to lay down but she was afraid that she'll give in the temptation to rest her eyes, body and mind and lose everything she had.

"You promise?"

"I promise. Now come here." Hyeri hesitated but gave in, her body was way too weak to walk or even sit up for long anyways.

Namjoon guided her to lay beside him, his cheeks warmer than it had ever been and heart beating as fast as it could.

He couldn't believe Hyeri listened to him. It was very rare for her to do things other people tell her to do.

"Namjoon?"

"Yes?"

"How did you feel when you woke up without most of your memories?" Hyeri asked while resting her eyes. As long as someone talked to her, she knew she won't fall asleep.

"I felt frustrated. I felt as if I had never existed before. I felt lost and confused. I felt lost Hyeri and I would have if not for you." He said with a genuine smile knowing she can't see him.

"Why do you ask?" Namjoon asked.

"Because I fear I am going to experience it soon myself."