55

Namjoon was no optimist unlike Hyeri. He was a realist.

He weighed in every possible outcome to a particular step before taking it and that was what led him to that place in the first place.

The fear of losing his lover, his soulmate, his Hyeri in this strange place was so big that the fact that Hyeri was so skilled and strong skipped his mind while he was calculating the pros and cons.

Without a doubt, he believed her. He trusted her with everything he had. Not just him, his family did too. Enough to let her in in all the family secrets and missions.

His trust on her was more than he had in himself, he had never seen anyone so brave as Hyeri.

From the moment he had laid his eyes on her, she had moved him beyond words. Suddenly, all the love songs and romantic poetry had started making sense to him and his preference in entertainment changed from action to romcoms.

She changed him and he changed her without knowing. Both were the opposite poles of magnets, always stuck together, extremely hard to pull away.

But knowing how hard this task was, Namjoon had forgot how strong her will power was. He was worried and terrified.

Every passing second was hard for him. Being away from her was not really something that bothered him if he knew that she was safe.

But with Hyeri in a real edition of hell, he was getting closer to being paranoid. He wanted to save her, to bring her back home and keep her in front of his eyes forever.

He hated how Hyeri had to be the chosen one. Out of every qualified people in his world, his grandfather gave this deadly task to her. Although he had expressed his dislike and at a point forbade Hyeri from leaving, she still did.

She was never the one to take orders, especially from Namjoon. She had been very vocal about Namjoon not making any decisions for her. Said she was strong enough to do it for herself, no man needed.

Although Namjoon admired this about her, it had frustrated him sometimes. She would end up doing whatever excited her without measuring its danger capacity and even when Namjoon tried to interfere, she would just ignore.

This is exactly what had happened when Hyeri jumped to hell and Namjoon blamed himself for not being able to protect her like a fiancé should.

He felt responsible too. Everything Hyeri knew about the universes and general things about travelling through portals was through Namjoon himself.

One of the most learned and successful youth of his generation, Namjoon had received many awards for his brilliant intelligence and contribution in the field of science, art and literature.

He was a genius and Hyeri was his apprentice. Hyeri had shown interest in such things and Namjoon being a lovesick man couldn't help but open his mind and soul for her to read.

He thought it was harmless. A lot of people had access to such knowledge and were living a peaceful life but Hyeri decided to create a storm in his heart by putting his knowledge into practical use.

Namjoon had dreams. One where he was happily married to Hyeri, with his tiny little kid who was as beautiful as his wife and every second Hyeri was away from him, the blurrier the dream had got.

He wasn't sure if she was alive. If one's body was too weak to travel through universes, they would arrive dead at the other end and it killed him as he had no way to know if she was alright.

Days passed, and his paranoia was heightened as a news of another unsuccessful attempt to jump universes was highlighted in the news everywhere.

Although he knew how unlikely it was for it to be Hyeri as it had not even been a week since she was gone but his realist side overshadowed his ability to think clearly.

The breaking part for him was when he came to know why she had actually decided to risk her life foolishly.

His blood boiled as he read a letter by Hyeri that he was not supposed to find until a proper month had passed. It was a written statement by Hyeri confessing to him about what she was up to incase she never returned back from her adventure.

She knew the dangers of her doings too but she believed in herself. The strongest person Namjoon had ever met. She was someone extraordinary.

Namjoon, being head over heels for the girl, couldn't keep it in. He wanted to see her, to hold her, kiss her, comfort her, and to bring back home where he could make his dream come true.

But he wasn't confidence. Being a realist, he knew how much harder it was going to be for him than it was for Hyeri. He had the brains but Hyeri had willpower which he lacked tremendously.

Yet, he was ready to take the risk for Hyeri. He would go insane without her. He was on drugs and it was him. He was going mad without her and he wanted to put a stop to it as soon as possible.

Entrusting his best friend with his next actions, he arrived at the portal area. Even though his friend had threatened to inform his family, he didn't mind. He had grown a certain hatred for him ever since he read Hyeri's letter. He had not visited them once ever since.

In front of him, he saw five portals next to mirror. The mirror showed the universe he was currently in. Embraided with broad wings, it showed that he was in the highest level of worlds. He was in heaven.

He then looked at the portals. Each one available to jump into only because his world was at the highest level. One can only jump from a high level world to a low level world.

She walked through the four elegant frames only to arrive at the shabbiest one.

He looked back at his friend who shook his head, asking him one last time to stay but Namjoon was a man of his words.

Without missing another minute, he jumped inside the portal.