99

Namjoon couldn't think clearly. He was now standing in front of the gate, where his fate was going to be decided.

The only relief he had was that he wasn't alone like he thought he will be when the time came. Hyeri had left someone behind her to accompany him.

She was still looking after him even though she was nowhere around him. He looked at his friend who was looking at that place like a kid looks at an expensive candy, the kind their parents never buy for them.

Larry didn't even get a chance to stand there before and even now he was not in Namjoon's shoes. His chance was stolen by evil intent and now he was stuck there forever with a fate that he had once thought he could cheat.

If only Namjoon had found that part, everything would go back to normal.

Dwelling with the ifs and then, Namjoon had lost the clarity that he had gathered when he woke up. He felt lost, now more than ever.

That was it. Namjoon could not waste any more time now. He had to do it.

He had to keep his promise to the girl he loved and he had to do it in that very moment.

He had to make sure that the night he had spent before the morning broke was the last or he would have to spend infinite nights more.

He was down to just one spot on his back. This was his last day as a temporary citizen and he knew every second counted.

He looked behind and saw the road where Hyeri kissed him. He wanted that to be real. He wanted Hyeri, he wanted to go back.

"This is goodbye." Larry said with a smile. Namjoon found it genuine.

"Thank you, my friend." Namjoon said and hugged him.

"Thank you too. And don't forget to give my thanks to Hyeri too." Namjoon pulled away and nodded.

"Do you think I can do it?" Namjoon asked looking at the big door.

"I know you can. You deserve it." Larry said encouraging him.

"What about you?" Namjoon asked, a question that he dreaded instantly.

"I will go back and try finding a group of nice people and stay out of trouble until I have had enough of forever." Larry smiled, trying his best to not sound depressing.

"That sounds like a nice plan." Namjoon smile back.

"Don't let me hold you back." He pointed at the door.

Namjoon took a deep breath and walked near the entrance where the guard stood tall.

"I have to go in." Namjoon said and the guard nodded.

Namjoon was no stranger to the guard. He had seen him before with Hyeri. He also knew what awaited for Namjoon inside.

Namjoon was about to enter the place but felt the guard's eyes on him. He looked at him to make sure and he was right.

The guard was staring at him intensely. His eyes were piercing Namjoon's soul as if trying to carve something. A signal, a message.

Namjoon looked at him for two more seconds before breaking the eye contact and looked ahead again fearing that any type of second thoughts will be harmful.

Namjoon felt the door behind him shift and soon was welcomed by eerie darkness. The room reminded him of one of the challenges where he had brightened up the entire place using angles.

Soon, he saw a faint light coming from a distant, as if it was an entrance to a bright shiny room.

Namjoon slowly walked towards the light, making sure he didn't stumble upon any obstacles. The last week had built him up stronger and wiser now. He was less danger prone and he knew Hyeri would have been proud to know that.

He was nearing the light but stopped when an image popped in his head. It was Hyeri's eyes whenever she was scared or tried to tell him about possible dangers around him.

What stopped him was the resemblance of the feelings in Hyeri's eyes to the guard's whom he just saw. He saw danger. He saw a warning. He saw red flags and sirens blaring.

He was in danger. The blood in his legs felt blocked as now he couldn't move them. His thoughts were all over his mind.

He had seen no such expression on the guard when he was there before with Hyeri. The guard was rather emotionless.

Namjoon tried to look around him but it was all pitch dark except the room that seemed to get brighter every moment, as if inviting him eagerly, waiting to swallow him all and not leave any crumbs.

Namjoon knew he had no other option now. He had come so far and going back will be all for nothing. Going back was never an option anyway.

Gathering every energy he could fathom, Namjoon made his legs work and step by step slowly advanced towards the light.

Right or wrong, it was the only way now. Only one road, only one path to take him to his destiny.

The lights were blinding now. Namjoon squinted his eyes to get a better look but the intensity was too high.

Namjoon closed his eyes for a bit as he tried to adjust them to the surrounding.

Soon, Namjoon could see better.

"Welcome. I have waiting for you for very long now." He heard someone say.

'W-who? Who are you and where are you?" He asked as he turned a slow 360 degree to find the source of the voice but he could noy find anyone.

"Honestly, I thought you would be here sooner. With your soulmate gone, I thought you were going to try to leave my hell sooner."

"Who is this?" Namjoon asked, thinking the room was somehow playing with him.

"But I have to give you that you tried your best given your blood angel."

"Come in front of me!"

"I don't think you will like that. You're already scared and I haven't even started testing you." The voice spoke to him.

"I'm ready. I'm ready for whatever test you have for me. I have come so far already." Namjoon said as he tried his best to sound brave.

"If you think so. Although I have a very nice alternative too." That's when he saw a shadow creeping behind the huge curtain.

We're nearing the end