91

Five minutes. It is such an insignificant time.

It goes as fast as it comes, sometimes even in a blink of an eye.

But for someone who is trying to fight that time, five minutes feels like five hours.

It is always hard to understand the concept of time as it is but when it brings up its usual paradoxes and events, one can hardly keep up.

Namjoon felt the same way.

When he was giving those weary challenges with time limits, time passed as if it were just a few mere seconds.

But now it had hardly been five minutes since the mysterious man behind him had his hands wrapped around Namjoon's mouth and it felt like eternity.

It didn't make any sense, specially when his heart was running wild. It had been days, no weeks, ever since he had seen humans except Hyeri of course and that strange guard who looked too strange to call a human.

Humans are mortals after all.

Namjoon was having trouble breathing but he knew that he man behind him knew that him not breathing will not cause any big harm.

Yet, Namjoon felt dizzy, he wanted to take a big breath in for his aching lungs.

He shook his head to free his nose, nose will do for now.

"I suggest you to stop moving or else I will throw you out to get eaten." The voice behind him reminded that he was not a friendly person.

Namjoon gulped in fear. Here he was, being indirectly captured by a human and he had the guts to think that he will be any match for the demons out there.

He felt weak. His fight or flight mechanism chose fright without it even being an option.

He felt his bad day continue when he saw another demon kid appear. If breathing was a problem before, then Namjoon had forgot how to breath when he saw it. There were more than one.

"Man, this is not good." He heard the guy behind him whisper.

Namjoon started hearing the rustling again. He was very sure that it was not from around him, it was definitely the man behind him who was making the sounds now.

"I'm letting go of you now, so you better not act stupidly. Stay quiet and low, do you understand?" The man whispered in his ears to which Namjoon nodded aggressively.

The man loosened his hold on his mouth and soon Namjoon was able to take in that breath that he was so long waiting for.

Before he could turn around and look at the person who was holding him hostage but he had already disappeared.

The man was quick on his feet, the only thing remained was his smell indicating that Namjoon was not dreaming.

As told, Namjoon stayed low. He was still crouching down behind the bushes, a perfect place to hide.

He wondered why the man left such a good hiding point but his thoughts were interrupted when he heard more violent rustling, but this time the voice was very faint.

The activities happening was definitely not around him.

He saw the demon walk away from where he was and exhaled in relief.

He still looked around to make sure there were not more lingering in the area.

He saw the demon kid meet the kid he had earlier seen. Both of them wore confusion on their brows as now it was again, silence all over the place.

They looked around for a few more, no for a lot more minutes. Namjoon's legs felt numb and he feared that he will stumble anytime soon.

He spotted another man soon, his face wasn't visible but his body was moving slowly because of breathing, he figured it was the same man who had saved him.

He wondered how he had covered such a large distance with the two demons looking around carefully.

It took the demons a few more minutes to finally leave.

For a little while, everything was quiet. He last lost the track of the man who refused to stay at one place.

Namjoon looked around to find him but a hand cupped his mouth again.

"Do not yell." Namjoon nodded and the man took his hands off.

He felt the man standing and coming in front of him.

"Well look, what do we have here?" Namjoon took a long view of the man in front of him. It was a very fresh look.

"Why are you here in this dangerous area?" The man asked but Namjoon was still washed with fear with whatever was happening.

"He is here for the part." He heard another voice, sharper this time.

He turned his head and saw a girl with a map, his map. He didn't realize how, but his bag was in her hand. He still had the stick in his hand which he raised in defense.

"Give it back!" He demanded, pointing the stick in front of her.

The girl looked at him and then the stick. She started laughing the next second.

"Oh please! This is so funny!"

"Shut up 1998, your devilish laugh will bring the kids right back onto us!" The man said gritting his teeth.

"Sorry, my bad." She said and winked at Namjoon.

"Are you here alone?" Namjoon nodded. He was outnumbered with just the two of them but then he saw three more appear from nowhere.

"Look, I mean no harm." Namjoon said as he tried his best to look bold.

"Neither do we. Harming your own kind is against the law cutie." He heard the girl say.

"Will you stop flirting with every person you meet 98?" One of the four men said.

"What is the fun in that now?" The girl huffed and looked inside his bag again.

"Pretty jewels you got in there! Where did you rob them?" She asked as she took out his green stones.

"Mission." She nodded and continued fishing.

"There's nothing in there that excites me so I'll just keep the stones." She said and tossed his bag back to him.

"Who are you people?" He asked looking at the five of them.

"We're hunting for the same thing as you." He heard the first man speak.

"The spear part?"

"No, the way to go home."