49

It was morning already and according to Hyeri, they were still very far from the garden and the lake.

This meant that even if they run, they won't be able to reach there quickly enough to pick berries before the sun goes away.

Therefore, they had to start their day with long faces, sulking over the fact that they won't have a lot of food.

But at least the lake would still be there. If not extra food, at least they would have some water to freshen their mood.

After about an hour of walking, Hyeri declared that they were near to the lake so they changed their course and started walking towards the lake.

Namjoon noticed that the lake was somewhat very similar to the spring that they had first went too. It was beautiful and breathtaking reminding of the illusion that he had witnessed the previous day.

He saw Hyeri going near the water and splashing her face with it repeatedly and then washing the dried-up blood on her leg.

She found it difficult to get rid of the lumps but she eventually did all the while making sure the blood residues didn't fall back on the lake.

She then stood up and waved at Namjoon to come over and he did.

"I'm going to pick up some leaves for emergency, you take a bath. I'll be back soon." Hyeri said as she wore her sling bag across her shoulder.

"We can go together." Namjoon said but she shook her head.

"It will take a lot of time. Just go take a bath and I'll be quick." Namjoon hesitantly nodded and watched her walk away in a fast pace.

He then took his clothes off and got inside the lake feeling a wave of satisfaction leave his body.

He wondered what Hyeri meant when she said she had never experienced being lost in this place but then again, Hyeri was known for her excellent memory.

After taking his bath, he wore his pants quickly and thought to go after Hyeri but he didn't want to get lost.

At least if Hyeri knew where he was, she would come to him without any problems.

He sat next to the lake with his pants folded and dipped his legs into the water that helped him cool off. His mind still lingered to Hyeri's whereabouts. He wanted to be with her all the time and her being away bothered him a lot more than it should.

Hyeri on the other hand, was heading back with a faster pace than she normally took. She didn't want him to wait for long knowing that he takes his baths quickly.

She had gathered a good number of leaves and even though the berries hanging there were inviting her to pluck them, she had great resistance. Still, she didn't want to spend an extra minute in the garden around those devilish berries.

She could see Namjoon who was sitting at the edge of the lake and an idea popped in her little head. She silently walked behind the shirtless man and thought about what she was about to do.

She looked at her pants which were almost wet from him immediately putting them on. A small smile appeared on her face as she pushed the larger person into the water again with her whole strength.

Namjoon screamed as he was about to meet face to face with the water. The impact made a huge sound and the sudden action froze him for a while after his iconic scream.

He looked around to find whoever pushed him with slight horrified expression and then his eyes laid on Hyeri who was trying her best to control her laughter, but as Namjoon's eyes met hers, she laughed out loud.

Her knees became weak from the scenery that just unfolded before her and she crouched down, holding her belly with one hand and hitting the ground with the other.

It looked like she had never seen anything more comical before. Hyeri composed herself and walked to the boy who was clearly not as amused as she was.

"I'm sorry. You just looked too much at peace." Hyeri said with an apologetic smile but her dancing brows showed that she was still having her fun.

Namjoon looked at her in disbelief, she was making him crazy. Her teasing, though childish, felt like it was the start. The start of a war.

Namjoon swam near the edge of the lake and looked up at Hyeri again who thought he was getting out.

She extended her hand to pull him out and he took it without saying anything.

Just when Hyeri was about to put some effort in pulling him, she felt a light tug on her hand, followed by a harsher pull.

There was a loud noise in the surrounding again but this time it was Hyeri. This sound was followed by a loud splash of water.

Hyeri's head was inside water and she struggled to come out with Namjoon holding her figure firmly. Those were the longest five minutes of her life.

Eventually Namjoon pulled her out and she gasped for air.

"You almost killed me!" Hyeri exclaimed wiping the water away from her eyes.

"I almost died there!" She said again and looked at Namjoon again who looked unbothered.

"Did you really think that I was not going to pull you in Hyeri?" Namjoon asked making her sigh.

"I pushed you in lightly whereas you pulled me in like there was no tomorrow!"

"I thought it was some demon." Namjoon raised his tone slightly making the girl go quiet.

"I thought something happened to you. You were taking so long and then I thought I was attacked. It wasn't funny." Hyeri looked the water feeling guilty but Namjoon just sighed.

"You should take your bath now. I'll get out." He was about to go to the edge but Hyeri grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"I- We can take our bath together; my clothes are already wet anyways."

"I already took my bath."

"But isn't it more relaxing here?" Namjoon sighed and turned to look at Hyeri again.

"I'm sorry." She said again, this time she really meant it. She just wanted to startle him, not terrorize him.

"I'm sorry too, about your clothes."

"It's alright. They needed to get washed anyways."

Vote please