20

If Hyeri felt crazy when Namjoon left, she was even crazier now. Each hour that passed made her mind bleed from overthinking.

She was pretty sure he had been in there for over four hours with even less than 3 remaining in his hand.

She was worried and being alone with no one else to talk to was making her more nervous.

She tried engaging herself with different topics but the only thing that kept her a little occupied was how she was going to explain Namjoon about everything that was coming for them but it frustrated her to the point she had to drop the topic.

The other topic that occupied her mind was what she was going to do if Namjoon didn't make it.

She had already planned everything from start to end ever since she saw Namjoon in this strange land.

She had other plans before he showed up but had to re-plan everything.

She wished Namjoon hadn't come there, things would have gone so much better.

But then she could never change the reality or go back in time to make everything alright.

He didn't belong there, she didn't belong there but that's how it was.

The air was still and the atmosphere was humid and that made her angry for some reason. She wished it would snow but this was one of the things she didn't know about this place.

She didn't know if rain or snowfall had ever blessed that desert. Ever since she had come there, she had only seen the sun for 10 minutes each day with scorching weather following.

Although the heat had slowed down for the past few days, the humidity in the air made it all unbearable for her. She was thirsty and she knew Namjoon was too.

She also thought how a rainfall or a bad weather could hold them back but nothing compared to the sweats that covered her entire body.

That right there, literally felt like hell. This was how hell was always portrayed, a place with extremely high temperature.

She just hoped that she would be left alone with her thoughts for long and that Namjoon would come to her anytime soon but dimness of natural light, even if just for a little bit gave her heart breaks.

She was dying every minute, dying if worry for the man whom she ended up risking everything for. But she was not ashamed of it.

On the other hand, Namjoon was extremely exhausted. He had been walking non-stop that whole day with a little to no break. Even though he had started with a lot of determination, it was all wearing off now.

He decided that walking any further without any rest would just make his legs off so be hurried and found an intersection again to solve another clue.

This time he sat down and looked at the engraved clue, trying to think whag it meant.

Out of nowhere, he heard some footsteps that made his guard up and he stood up looking around.

He saw a man approaching from one of the paths with a gentle smile dancing on his face.

"Hello, fellow struggler. You look tired." He said stretching his hand out.

"What do you want?" Namjoon asked stepping back, his hands clutching his pants.

"Oh don't be scared friend, I was just taking some water for me and my friends." He said pointing at the earthen pot.

"Water?"

"Yes and it looks like you need some, here." He said as he offered the pot to the man.

A very exhausted Namjoon reached for the pot, "thank you" he said.

"It is my pleasure sir." The man smiled but the gentleness was gone.

Namjoon, who was exhausted physically and mentally just thought of it as sweet nectar. He brought the pot near his face and was about to put it in his mouth but stopped.

The memory of him bathing in that lake popped back in his mind and how Hyeri had strictly prohibited him from drinking the water. She told him that water was not essential, water was poison in a form of sweet shiny apple.

He brought the pot away from his face and gave it back to the stranger.

"You call me a friend sir but I cannot accept this, however I would like to wash my tired face with a few drops of it if you allow." He politely asked even though he knew that the person who approached him was a bad one.

"You are wise. But once you start living in this world, water will be worth the pain." He said with coldness.

"I will however give you some to wash your face if you think that will give you will to go on." The stranger said as he poured some water on Namjoon's hand.

"Don't let it get in your eyes or mouth. I wish you luck my friend." The person took his leave and Namjoon gave out a big sigh.

He looked at the sky and he knew it would be dark soon, he still didn't knew how far he was from exit but he was pretty sure he was on the right track.

Thankfully he felt a little better after washing his face, all the tiredness swept away with the water droplets, he wished he could take some back to where Hyeri was but that would just be another burden for his already tired shoulders.

He looked at the clue and like last 6 times, he still hoped that this would be the last one.

On your right is a bull
On your left a mirage
Need you follow the front path, know you have swallowed the God

A desperate cry left his mouth, this was even harder than the one at the beginning and at the mid-section.

A spark in him told him that this was the last clue but like that helpful guy warned, this would be the most tricky one.

But he wasn't even a hundred percent sure that this was the last one but the interruption by the stranger only made him believe that he would be out if he did solve this.