21

Namjoon groaned for the n-th time, now extremely sure that the path he had taken was wrong. He felt as if he was walking on circles with no escape.

Cursing at his decision that he might have just swung with hoping he would get lucky, he knew that if he didn't find a way out soon, he will be doomed.

He had stopped on his track and had taken a U-turn a long time ago but it felt like he was walking between two cities.

He was now scared and wanted to run but his energy was drained and he was just holding on the fact that if not succeeded, his life will be the synonym of over. He felt tears forming and throat clenching, fearing that Hyeri was right to doubt him.

He didn't have it in himself.

His legs came to a stop when he saw the intersection again, praying that it was the same one, he walked near it and sighed in relief when he was sure, the same place he washed his face a while ago.

This time, he could not afford another mistake. He had only so much time just to make it out of the maze.

While Namjoon was having a hard time finding his way out, Hyeri was living her worst nightmare.

If getting stuck with the boy wasn't bad enough, she feared both of them will be stuck in the same universe but in different places.

Even if Namjoon could not go home, atleast he would still be free and not trapped in the cursed place. But the seeing no sign of the boy and the darkness trying to remove every sign on light, his chances were limited.

She pulled her hair in distress, she wished she could go inside and bring the boy out but that was not the option here. She didn't know what to do, in minutes there would be blind darkness and her heart was on her throat.

She prayed to God again even though she knew that no eternal being would listen to her from there. But it was the only thing she could do.

'Please be ok. Please come out. Come to me.'

Namjoon sighed as all positivity escaped his soul, he knew he was walking on the right track now but he had no idea if he would make it out just in time. The darkness was getting heavy like his heart.

He was having a hard time as a twar left his eye mixing with the sweat on his face that he gave up wiping. They would reappear anyways.

He increased his paced, still not running, he had no energy.

He was still able to see things around him, a little hope was still keeping him on his tones bit his face paled away when he saw a dead end.

No way to go, but to go back.

His knees gave up, and he fell on the ground with his eyes not moving from the wall.

"This can't be! I was on the right path!" He said and looked at the sky, it wasn't night time yet but he felt like he was trapped there nonetheless.

"I'm sorry Hyeri. I'm so sorry." He said as he let down his tears, his face hid on his knees.

He stayed in that position until he heard a voice.

"Namjoon?" His head shot up, he looked around to se anyone but it was already dark now.

"Hyeri?" He said, standing up.

"I'm not Hyeri, but you need to come with me." He heard a female voice.

Namjoon tried to look for her but he was out of luck. He felt the girl get near him and take his hand.

"Come with me." She said and pulled him, he who had no energy just went after her, not sure what was happening.

"Who are you?" He asked the moment he felt her hand even warmer than his, according to Hyeri, the people there had cold skin.

"I am a hemela, a type of demon if you may."

"A demon?" He asked, now nervous for his life.

"Yes, I'm here to take you." She said pulling him even tightly now.

"Take me where?" He asked as fear started to creep it's way back on his mind.

"Where you belong." She simply answered and continued walking.

"I can't see anything." He said as he tried to free his hand.

"Quit that or I won't hesitate to eat you in this sparkling night." Scared, he obeyed the hemela, wondering why she called the night sparkling when all he could see was darkness.

"We were told that you have used unfair means in this challenge and for that you have to prove your innocence or you will be severely punished." He heard her say, her voice sounding more humanly than demonic.

"Unfair means?"

"Yes, and I'm afraid if found guilty, your associates will be punished along with you too." She added.

"Associate? H-hyeri?"

"Yes, bribing the challenge of the bribers is not something you should have done."

"I have done nothing like that!" Namjoon exclaimed, not believing what the demon was telling him.

"Don't start now, your hearing will be the next day." She said as she stopped, pushing him inside a gate that he didn't knew existed in that place.

"Where am I?" He asked looking around but again, darkness.

"Sleep here for the night, it might be your last. Don't try to run away. Your behaviour will decide the extent of your punishment." Hemela said and he heard the gate close.

Panic-stricken he banged on the door but there was no reply. Where has he ended up and what was he going to do now.

Be kept repeating everything the demon said and it only made his head hurt, he didn't knew what crime he did and why he was brought there.

Moreover, he was worried that these people have Hyeri captured too, he was scared for both their safety.