26

Namjoon's sudden outburst brought silence in the room for a good minute.

The two hemelas made frequent eye contacts and Hyeri revisited all those thoughts that haunted her the entire night.

Even though if they are coined not guilty, Namjoon's life ended there. He would always be trapped inside like all the others and Hyeri felt terrible. Again thinking it was all her fault for not stopping him before he went in.

"I was told that he passed the challenge." The Master suddenly said and all eyes were on him now.

The two hemela shared a quick nod and looked at Namjoon.

"He did my lord, just one minute before nightfall." Hyeri's heart started racing more than ever now, if what she heard aa true, that meant Namjoon was still a free person.

She looked at the man whose eyes were moist now.

"But how?" He whispered softly.

"The wall where I took you from was the exit." The hemela continued.

"We had closed it because we suspected wrong doings." The other hemela said looking at the master who nodded.

"We have now listened to this hearing and I am going to give the jury of 7 members a 30 minute break to discuss it among themselves." The master said and stood up.

He went out and was followed by almost half of the audience and the room was once again roaring with everything but silence.

Larry gave a pat on Namjoon's shoulder and went to talk with the other guy leaving him alone with Hyeri.

Both of them stood quietly for a minute, still not sure how everything would turn out but there was something else in Namjoon's mind.

He was no longer a loser, he passed it.

"I did it." He mumbled but Hyeri heard it.

"Huh?" She asked wondering what he was talking about.

"I did it Hyeri. I passed the test!" He said as a smile made it's way on his face.

Looking at him, Hyeri smiled too held his hand.

"I'm so very proud of you Namjoon." She said stroking his palm with her thumb.

They were both silent again even though they had a lot to talk about.

Namjoon wanted to ask so many things that his mind was confused what to ask first.

Hyeri was more confused on how to explain Namjoon everything and if it really was a good idea to tell him everything.

She was not sure if he would believe her strange funny story which felt like a made up one even to her.

"I really appreciate it." She heard Namjoon say.

"Everything you did for me Hyeri, I truly appreciate it. I don't know what type of people I had back in home but none of them could have done all that you have done for me in these past few days." He said looking at the ground.

"I wonder how easy your life would have been if I were not here and back at home." He added.

"What is life without any extra hindrance, a routine? A don't want that. I don't mind having you here for a short time." She said emphasizing on short.

"I usually think about what my family and friends did to me to drive me out of my universe, I also wonder if it will even matter if I go home."

"Sometimes you don't run away from things but towards something. And I guarantee it will all be worth it when you go back. You will see life like you have never seen before."

"You are being a poet now." He said with a smile.

"I am scared Namjoon, I don't want to lose you." Hyeri said suddenly.

"You won't."

"No, you don't understand, they have nothing against you and even me but they can still charge me for the whole water thing."

Namjoon looked at her who now looked like she was on a verge of breaking down.

"You won't. Like you said, nature is a free entity."

"They can still hold me for cheating, the system is too old and they likely won't like anyone messing with it."

She said and wiped a few tears.

"Namjoon if that happens, I want you to promise me that you will get out of this place no matter what."

Namjoon now understood what she was telling him, if she were to be punished here, he will have to go through the rest of the tests alone.

"I can't do it alone Hyeri, don't you see, I'm highly dependent on you. You have total control over my each step from the very start."

"You told me things I could do and can't do solely because it fits in your plan. Even though for a moment I thought that this challenge was my victory, the water thing makes it yours." He added, Hyeri sensed he was angry and didn't want to anger him more.

But she knew this could be their last moments together so slowly turned towards him.

"I'm sorry, I only did that because I wanted to spare you from the effects of the poison."

"I could have handle it. We'll never know."

"You could have, but I can't see you in pain. You have to promise me please, I can die peacefully knowing that you'll do every in your power to survive." Hyeri said, not hiding her tears anymore.

"I just want a promise Namjoon, even if it is a lie. I want you to promise me that you will take care of yourself, be wise and alert. That you will eat the berries regularly and that you'll take enought rest."

"I want you to promise me that you will not give up, that in the next few days you will be at home, back to where you made everyone happy. I want you to promise me that you will not blame yourself for anything ever in the future, I just want a promise."

He felt his own tears dripping on the floor.

He opened his mouth to say something but then the two hemela walked in again with unreadable expression.