Chapter-37 A step closer to new life

Hey my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Please don't hate Siya...she's love.

The reason for her behavior will be revealed later...she's the one who'll be suffering the most in this book. How? well...just wait for the mystery to open up.

Let's begin with the chapter now.

Please do listen to the song above. It shows the excitement one feels when moving to a new life...perfectly describes Siya's condition and also her heartbrake.

Siya's POV

It's been a week since I received the joining letter.

My bags were being packed and all my other necessities were being taken care of.

Since my joining is day after tomorrow, we're leaving for Pune tomorrow and mummy papa will return after they'll drop me to company's guest house.

"When do you've to report on the joining day?" mummy asked me.

"10:00 AM" was my short reply.

"Okay...how will you find a flat alone?" she asked me.

"I'll not be alone. Me and Kriti will search it together" I said.

"I thought you'll stay away from that girl" she said bitterly.

I gave a look to papa saying 'didn't you talk to her about it.'

"Jyoti, I forgot to tell you. They both will be sharing the flat" he said, looking at mummy.

"I specifically told her to stay away from the girl" she said, looking at me.

"I've left everything you said. I've always done everything you wanted. I don't understand what's your problem with her? She has always been good to you, just for the sake of our friendship even though you behaved rudely with her many a times. I never had a friend because of your behavior towards them. She's the only friend I've and I won't leave her, ever" I said.

I am just done with her nonsense and always talking shit about Kriti.

"Before you say anything about her, you should always remember that she was the one who stopped me from committing..." I trailed off as I choked on my saliva.

"She was the one because of whom you got into that situation" she retorted.

Here we go again.

"You know what...now I get it why you don't have any friend. Nobody could stand your behavior. I don't understand, how can you just spat venom for all the people in this world? Isn't there a single soul in this world about whom you can say something good? It seems you knowingly try to find reasons to degrade someone. You know what mummy? If you hate every person and always count their negative points, the problem isn't with them, problem is with you. It's high you realise it" I said and stormed off to my room.

I know I shouldn't talk to her like that but after that incident, there's an invisible bridge that has been formed between me and her...and I think none of us want to cross it.

I don't intend to cross it either...if she doesn't want to do it. I've had enough.

There was a soft knock on my door and I wiped my tears.

"You shouldn't cry" papa said to me.

"I know" I said and scoffed "I should get used to this kind of behavior from her" I said.

"You should know by now that she'll always be the way she is" papa said sighing.

"I don't understand papa. I know that marriages are all about compromise but seeing you both...I know one thing for sure that you are the one who has always been compromising among the two of you. How do you've so much patience?" I asked him.