Chapter 1-New life

Author's POV

"Your room no. is 207 2nd floor...take the stairs on the right side" The warden informed Siya about her room no. after checking her name on the register.

Siya nodded and was about to turn when she bumped with another girl, probably the same age as her.

"Hi, I am Kriti 1st year...EC branch" the girl with whom Siya collided introduced herself, chirping happily like a kid.

Siya was relieved that she didn't bump with any senior...she was well aware of ragging incidents in hostels and college...and as per her knowledge, this hostel was no different.

" Hi, I am Siya 1st year...EC branch". Siya introduced herself.

"Wow we are from the same branch" Kriti grinned. "Well, you'll live in the same room too. You both are roommates" the warden informed them, with an emotionless face.

Little did they know...they"ll end up being inseparable friends...knowing each other's secrets like friends and protecting each other like family.

Both of them nodded and headed towards their room.

Siya's parents followed them and got their daughter settled in her new room.

While Kriti was arranging her luggage in the cupboard, Siya's mother, Jyoti asked her " Where are your parents...who came to drop you?"

Kriti felt uncomfortable nevertheless she answered politely " actually aunty my brother came to drop me but since he had urgent work, he had to go. My parents couldn't come to drop me here because they are traveling due to our family business."

Jyoti then said, " What business could be more important than settling their daughter in a new environment".

Kriti didn't like the tone that she used but ignored it anyway because her parents always taught her to respect elders even if she doesn't feel like doing it.

Siya knew how her mother was...she was used to being restricted and the following everything blindly that her parents told her but she did notice the hurt in Kriti's eyes when Jyoti said mean things to her.

She made a mental note to apologize to Kriti when they would be alone...after all this is nothing new. She has been doing it for years now... apologizing to others on her mother's behalf.

After a few hours, a caretaker came to their room and asked for Kriti to come into the lobby as her brother had come into the hostel to meet her.

Siya's parents also thought of leaving the hostel as they had to go back to their hometown and had to catch a flight.

When they all moved to the lobby, Jyoti was shocked to see a very handsome man waiting in the lobby.

To her surprise Kriti ran to him and hugged him, clinging to him.

"Aunty meets Mohit my brother and Bhai meets Siya, my roommate, and her parents" Kriti introduced them.

Jyoti saw how Mohit was staring at Siya and shook hands with him formally.

To make herself clear Jyoti turned to Siya and said" study well and keep your distance from boys and unwanted attention." 

Siya's father didn't like the tone that she used for Mohit but didn't say anything. How could he when he knew arguing with his wife would only create problems with Siya? He didn't want Siya to feel embarrassed because of her mother because somewhere he knew, his wife only creates problems and loves to argue.

His daughter was about to start a new life, away from them and he wanted her to start it with great enthusiasm, not by arguing with her mother. 

With this Siya's parents walked away but not before her mother gave a last glare to Mohit.