Chapter 138-I don't regret it

Hey, my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Are you all enjoying the book so far?

Let's begin with the chapter now.

Before beginning the chapter, I would like to dedicate it to my sister msmeghnasinha21. Wish you a very happy birthday di😘😘😘

May you get all the happiness you want and God shower you with a beautiful life.

There's a long A/N in the end, please don't skip it.

Akash's POV

I was tongue tied looking at Siya.

She wasn't supposed to know about it.

She was not supposed to face anything which would remind her of the dreaded day when she was called names at the altar.

She was going in the right direction of getting out of depression with Deepak uncle's help and I never wanted her to come across anything from her past which could trigger her but I guess...I should have been more careful.

"What is it Akash?" she asked in a low voice.

I looked at Sophia and she was already looking at me with concern.

"I'll take your leave, sir" she said and was about to walk away when Siya said "Sophia, do you mind handing me your I-pad?"

"Huh" she stopped abruptly and looked at Siya wide eyed.

She looked at me as if asking for permission and I gave her a slight nod.

If god forbid, anything happens to her or in case she gets triggered, I have Deepak uncle to look up to and moreover, I didn't want to hide anything from her.

Sure I would not have told her myself about it but I didn't want to hide it as well and I had thought about telling it to her when she gets fully recovered but god had other plans. 

"Of...of course not" she said and handed her the I-pad and scurried off the room.

Taking the I-pad in her hands, she watched the video silently while I just stood up and made my way to the bar which was in my room.

There was no use lying to her and I didn't even intend to.

Sitting on the barstool, I made a peg for myself, my back facing her.

I could hear the voice from the video and knew Siya was watching it.

After around ten minutes the video stopped and I could hear footsteps approaching me.

She took her seat beside me and I turned to look at her.

"Why did you do it?" she asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to dodge the question, taking a sip from my drink.

"You very well know what I am talking about" she said.

Looking in front, I gulped the liquid in one go and said "I don't understand a thing you're saying. I am tired, Siya." 

I got up from the stool but then I felt her holding my wrist.

When I turned back, I saw her looking at me with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Sighing, I sat on the stool again and wiping her tears, said "I don't want to see you cry, Siya. Stop crying. Your eyes should only be crinkling with happiness, not shedding tears of agony or pain. You've already shed a lot of tears, not anymore."