Chapter 48-We all love you

Hey my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Are you all enjoying the book so far?

Let's begin with the chapter now.

Akash's POV

After my little encounter with Mohit, me and Sid came back to our flat. more so because I didn't have the heart to watch them together.

Mohit has her with him who used to be my life...still is.

I sometimes have an instant urge to yank him away from her and kiss the daylight out of her and claim her, in front of everybody like I did back in college and make everybody realize that she's taken and all mine but alas, I can't do it.

What does Mohit have that I don't? I know I shouldn't compare myself with anyone because everyone is unique, in their own ways but since the day I've seen her in front of me, my urge to claim her as mine is stronger than before but I have to stop this heart from doing so.

My heart and brain have a constant battle among themselves.

My heart says to confront her and my brain says to keep my life less complicated and let everything be as it is.

Suddenly my phone started ringing bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Hey bhai, what's up?" Adarsh said.

"Nothing great. As usual, you know how corporate job is" I said and sat on the couch.

"I told you the quit the job and help me in this company" he said from the other side.

I just chuckled and said "you know I don't want to get into already established business."

Lately Adarsh got to know that I left the CEO position for him so that there's no family drama and he was quite devastated to know about it, saying that I never trusted him and chhote papa which isn't true.

It took me quite some time and pleading to make him, chachi and chhote papa understand that I wanted to establish my own IT business, which if I succeed, will later merge with my family business.

It was quite a family drama I must say, especially my chhote papa and chhotimummy. They love me like their own son and they were very much disheartened when they came to know why I stepped down as the CEO, which was only the partial truth.

I still remember, I was immediately called for an urgent family meeting and the conversation that we had. By far it was the most intimidating encounter that I had with my dad.

It's been almost three years since that family drama.

"How are you son?" my dad asked me once I reached home.

"I am fine dad" I said hugging him.

I broke the hug and went to mom and she kissed my forehead.

When I went to chhote papa and chhotimummy and touched their feet to take blessings, they did caress my forehead but didn't say anything, like everytime they used to shower me with blessings and hugs.

Something was wrong.

Before I could ask them what happened, my eyes went to Adarsh but what surprised me was that he didn't even acknowledge me.

"Hey bud, what's up" I said, going to him.

"Fine" he said and walked away.

I turned to dad and mom and they just gave me a week smile.