Chapter 131-We couldn't cherish you

Hey, my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Are you all enjoying the book so far?

Thank you for all your wishes on the previous chapter. I am so grateful to you all but I am still not well. I think giving you guys an update was important as compared to me answering all your comments, so here is the timely update. Hehe.

There has been sudden spike in covid case in India. So guys, take care of yourself and your loved ones around. Don't go out much, unless absolutely necessary. Don't take covid for granted, please. It is more deadly than we all could imagine.

Anyways, let's begin with the chapter now.

Siya's POV

When he stopped in his tracks, he looked back at me.

"Siya...I" he said and looked down.

I knew he was speechless and my question took him off guard.

"Siya, I know you've a of of complaints from Akash and Kriti but then, if you always keep these thoughts take up your mind, you'll never be in peace" Sid said.

I looked at him.

This was the first time Sid was talking to me so freely after I came here.

He took my hands in his and made me sit on the recliner behind the big black oak desk.

Probably it was the CEO's recliner.

Once seated on it, Sid kneeled in front of me and taking my hands in his, kissed my knuckles.

"I know, you've a lot of complaints from them and even me. We're ready to face any punishment you give us and anything we do will never compare to what you've done for all of us. It's because of you Akash never had to face the court trials. It's because of you, his family's reputation remained intact. It's only because of you me and Kriti are together. If not for your efforts, we would still be hating each other" he said, caressing my knuckles.

"You're the best friend, best girlfriend and best human being anyone can ask for and it was our fault that we couldn't cherish you" he said and kissed my knuckles.

"You and me share a different bond, you yourself said it to me once, right?" he asked and I nodded.

Of course, we shared a different bond because we belong to more or less the same family background while Akash and Kriti were quite rich.

"I know, even I let you down and doesn't matter how much ever I apologize, it can never undo what you had to go through but Siya, just think about it, will asking these questions to anyone of us bring down the pain and betrayal that you feel?" he asked.

My eyes welled up with tears because what he said was true.

"Asking these questions will only remind you of the pain you had to go through and we don't want that to happen. We want you to be happy, come out of your shell and that can only happen when your mind remains free of these thoughts" he said and wiped my tears.

"I am not trying to save us all from your punishment and bashing, Siya. Never think that we'll ever try to skip the punishment or treatment that you want to give us but our priority is you, your well being. We want you to be like you were, happy, chirpy, bubbly full of life. Don't you want to be like you were before?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Then you should know that it can only happen when you keep your mind free of the thoughts that will try to pull you back. Thinking about the pain, betrayal will only pull you back to darkness and we don't want that to happen now, do we?" he asked and I shook my head.