Chapter 133-I'll let her go

Hey, my lovely readers.

How are you all?

Are you all enjoying the book so far?

Please listen to the song above. It'll totally describe Akash's emotions which I have tried to portray in this chapter.

Let's begin with the chapter now.

Akash's POV

"Where are they?" I asked Mark on the phone.

"They've just left the mall. I am following them" he said.

"Good. Keep an eye on them" he said.

"Yes sir" he replied and I disconnected the call.

"Why are you asking Mark to follow them?" Sid asked from beside me.

We were in my car, making our way to my penthouse.

"That's because I don't want to take any risk when it comes to Siya. She wouldn't obviously like it if she comes to know that somebody had been following to keep an eye on her, that's why I asked Mark to follow her" I said.

"Jannet and Kriti are with her. They'll take care of her" he said.

Sighing, I said "I know and I also know that they'll take good care of her but Mark has been like her shadow since the day we shifted here, in New York. Though I agreed for her to go with them, we both know that she's still not fine. Facing people and lights is something that she's doing after so long. I asked Mark to follow them just in case she gets panic attacks."

"I can understand, Akash" Sid said and gave a gentle squeeze to my hands.

"I just want her to be fine" I said, looking ahead.

"She will be, Akash. One day, she will be" he said.

"I hope that day comes soon" I whispered.

There was silence for few minutes when Sid broke it.

"If she decides to...leave you then?" he asked.

I chuckled and said "that will be my punishment, I guess for not taking her here, with me."

"Will you not try to convince her?" he asked.

"No" I said after a few seconds.

"Why? We both know that you love her and she loves you, still. Then why wouldn't you try to persuade her?" he asked.

I didn't answer him because I didn't have an answer to give.

"You know she always used to say to me to fight for Kriti, our love" he said and I looked at him.

"Don't look at me like that. It's only because of her I have had the courage to confess my feelings to Kriti. She made me realize my mistake and that's why we're together" he said.

"The girl who selflessly gave up her everything for you, don't you think she deserves happiness?" he asked.

"Yes but what if I am not her happiness?" I asked, looking ahead.

"If you wouldn't have been her happiness, she wouldn't have waited for you, cried for you. You know something Akash, the person who we love the most is the only one we cry and wait for when something is not right with us" he said.

"She doesn't want me" I whispered with tears welled up in my eyes.

"She is angry at you that's why she is saying so" he said, keeping his hands on my shoulder.

"Even if she doesn't mean it, I don't want to do anything that she doesn't like or want. I've already let her down time and again, I don't want to do it again" I said.