Sixty Six

"These officers would like to speak with you." I immediately paled and walked toward the door.

"How can I help you?" I asked with a smile as calmly as I could.

"Mrs.Richardson asked us to bring you your stuff by from Colby's room. As well as invite you to the funeral," the shorter one said, picking up a box from the floor.

I sighed with relief, taking the box from them. "Was she indisposed?"

"She is at this time," the other, Officer Perez nodded.

"Well, thank you officers for bringing my things. I appreciate it."

"No problem. Have a great Christmas." Closing the door, I carried the box toward my room, the contents blaring with his scent as I opened the box and heard a tiny knock on the door.

"Just a minute!" I called, my breath catching in my throat as I struggled not to cry. Pulling a folded sheet of paper from the box, I immediately recognized his mother's handwriting.

Neely,

Here are your things I found in Colby's room. Plus some stuff he'd written he'd like you to have.

Coffee soon? If not, I understand.

Susanna

Digging through the box, I found a few shirts, a pair of leggings, earrings, a bra, and my heart almost shattered when I found the shirt he'd gotten me for my birthday. What he did was inexcusable, yes. But that didn't mean I didn't appreciate the good times we had been able to have.

"Neely?" I heard Harry's familiar voice and a tiny knock on the door frame.

"Coming!" Wiping at my eyes, I stood and cleared my throat before walking back into the hallway.

"Everything okay?" he smiled encouragingly.

"Yeah," I lied, a smile spreading across my face.

"I know you're not."

"Am I that transparent?"

"Like glass."

"Can we talk about it later?"

"Sure," he chuckled. "C'mon love, we've got a cake to ice."

--------------------------------------
Louis' party was a success. Everyone was happy, or at least appeared to be. Although, I oddly felt lonely. Harry and I shared a glass of wine, me snuggling up against him and feeling sleepy.

"I love you," I whispered, lacing my fingers with his as tightly as I could.

"I love you, too," he smiled widely, kissing my temple.

"Are you okay, ducky?" Anne asked with a chuckle.

"Just sleepy," I shrugged.

"It's almost midnight anyway and Louis is knocked out. Why don't we call it a night?"

"Has everyone opened at least one present?" I asked and sat up.

"Everyone but you and Harry." Walking toward the Christmas tree, I bent over and scanned the gifts.

"I have more tomorrow, but this is just something I thought you might like," I sighed, handing Harry my gift.

"I have yours as well," he grinned, holding up a tiny box. "Wrapped it myself. Even has a little bow on it." I hesitantly took the gift from him and waited for him to open his. I had put all the pictures we'd taken so far into a picture frame and written something around the frame.

"This is amazing, thank you so much," Harry beamed, kissing my cheek.

"I'm glad you like it."

"Open yours!"

"Okay, okay." Smiling as I peeled at the paper, I hesitantly opened the tiny box that revealed Harry's necklace he never ever took off.

"Harry this-" I was lost for words.

"I thought you might like to have it. If there's ever a time we aren't together, I'll always be with you," he murmured, helping me put the necklace on.

Hey guys, so kind of a filler and a hint or two... The next few chapters are taking me a while to write but, I hope you all keep reading, commenting, voting, sharing and enjoying this story. Massive thank you to all my readers. Without y'all, I couldn't do it.

Much love, xx.