Seventy Three-

Harry's POV:

There was an awkward silence between the three of us as I drove. Coming to a red light, I caught Neely's texts out of the corner of my eye and read quickly. It was from Michelle.

What are you trying to play at? He doesn't want you.

What the hell? I tightened my grip on the steering wheel as she typed a reply and I refused to look back down at her phone. Why did Michelle think I wanted Neely or even her? They were both beautiful girls, but there was no way I could risk my job. Sighing as the light finally turned green, I could hear Michelle take a breath to speak.

"Coach Styles," she smiled, leaning her chin against the back of my seat.

"What's up, Grant?" I replied firmly, slightly annoyed.

"Do you do individual workouts? Like shooting on Saturdays or something?" I cleared my throat.

"No. I don't want you girls to make your whole lives just about basketball. You're still young and you've got a lot left to live beyond basketball."

"Do you think you could start doing them? I feel like my shot is off a little." If looks could've killed, Neely would've been convicted of murder.

"We can work on it more in practice. I appreciate your curiosity, but I have full weekends ahead," I dismissed and sighed with relief as we pulled into her neighborhood.

"Take this right and it's the fifth house on the left," Michelle sighed.

"Good job today," I said politely as the car stopped in front of her large, lavish house. She got out without a word and slammed the door behind her. Neely cleared her throat and I looked over at her.

"What?" she asked quietly.

"What was going on between you two?"

"What do you mean?" Her face flushed red and I immediately felt bad for questioning her about it.

"I saw a glimpse of the text she sent you. What else did she have to say?"

"Nothing. It's nothing, really," Neely shrugged.

"I'm not pulling away until you tell me." Call me stubborn, but I wanted to know.

"She thought you were interested in me, like in a romantic way," she sighed, blushing a deep red and looking down at her hands.

"You're both going to be my players come November and that is really inappropriate. I'm helping you to become a better basketball player," I replied before pulling away from Michelle's house. The car filled with silence as we drove, knowing that what I told her was far from the truth.

----------

"Great, great job today," I sighed as she got out of the car.

"Thanks," she quipped.

"See you tomorrow." Closing the door lightly without a word, I watched as she walked into the building and stood disappeared for a few minutes before emerging back in the lobby. She skeptically looked back at me and it had begun to lightly rain.

"Locked out?" I called, rolling down the window. She nodded.

"Ill just wait," she shrugged.

"C'mon," I urged, she looked like she could use a warm meal. She jogged through the now heavily falling rain and jumped back into the passenger seat completely soaking.

"My Uncle is usually here by now," she sighed, looking down at her phone.

"We can just wait here if he'll be back soon," I suggested, seeing her slightly begin to shiver.