Fifty Four-

Pic is me and Miah!!! You guys were right, I mean it was obvious, but meh. Had to add some suspense. Was gonna make it Elizabeth again, but decided against it. Enjoy! Y'all need to go read b0wd0wnpeasants story. It's amazing.
Neely's POV:

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I sighed as Colby stood in front of me.

"You wouldn't answer my texts and I got worried," he shrugged. I looked behind me and Harry was nowhere to be seen.

"About what?"

"You. You usually always respond."

"We're over. Why would I respond?"

"Because we aren't over."

"Colby, we're over. Do I have to spell it out or write it in crayon for you? Good Lord, can you not take a fucking hint?" I snapped, pushing the door closed. His hand stopped it, shoving it back and stepping inside. Taking a few steps backward, he grabbed my neck and turned around, pushing me against the door.

"We aren't over until I say we are," he seethed.

"Colby, what are you doing?" I choked. "I can't breathe."

"I like watching you struggle, just like I do every time I look at you." Seeing Harry come up behind him, Harry put him in a choke hold.

"Get your hands off of her or I will snap your neck," he said fiercely. Colby's grip loosened and I was finally able to take a proper breath.

"If you ever come near her again or even attempt to touch her, I will kill you." Opening the door, Harry shoved Colby out.

"Leave," he said so lowly it sounded like a completely different person. Closing the door and locking it, silence fell around us once again and I couldn't even bring myself to look at Harry.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his warm fingers slightly touching my neck.

"Yeah," I nodded. "My neck hurts, but other than that, I'm fine." He pulled me to his chest, holding me there like I was a fragile glass doll. Tenderly but still firm enough to where he wouldn't break me.

"I don't know how he got in. Max put him on the list we have of people not to let up after we ended things."

"Maybe there's new security."

"I don't know, but I'll call down in the morning and make sure they know." I sighed, leaning into him and my eyes closed. We stood there in silence for a few minutes before walking back up the stairs and into my room. Laying down, I was the little spoon for once and his palm splayed across my stomach rubbing deep, gentle circles. Curling into him, I finally fell into a deep sleep.

-----------------------------------

My eyes stayed closed as I rolled over and was met with a cold spot on the bed. Opening them, I saw a note lying across the pillow and slightly smiled.

Went to go get some breakfast. Will be back before you wake up, if not, don't panic. I've left my heart with you, take care of it for me.
Love,
-H

"You're late," I sighed at the note with a small smile. Going to the bathroom and trying to get my life together, I splashed cold water on my face. Walking out into the hallway, I padded down the stairs and into the living room, turning on the television. Flipping through reruns of Keeping up with the Kardashians and Disney Channel, I searched through the movie channels, finally picking The House at the end of the Street.

"This stupid ass bitch," I laughed as the main character went down into the basement. Hearing the front door open, I smiled at Harry carrying a brown paper bag and coffees in his hands. His cheeks flushed from the cold and I couldn't help but smile even wider at his beanie.

"Hey babe," he breathed. "You're awake."

"I got your note," I teased. "What'd you bring me?"

"I went to the little bakery down the block and got some really good stuff." Pulling out a few pastries and some muffin tops, I chuckled.

"I didn't know they made stuff like this." Biting into the sausage, egg, and cheese croissant, it was like biting into lava.

"I didn't either. I didn't know which one you'd like better for the muffin tops so I got two of each, but four blueberry because I really like those."

"My mom used to get them all the time. Blueberry is my favorite."

"Perfect."

"Just like you."

"Far from it, babe. I'm just a hopeless romantic who can woo you with food," he teased.

"It's working so far," I laughed, kissing his cheek. Taking a sip of the coffee, I smiled.

"What kind of coffee is this?"

"Raspberry Chocolate Truffle. Is it good?" My smile was probably taking up my whole face. I merely nodded, taking another sip and a bite of my croissant.

"So what are we doing today? I wanna get out of the house."

"Didn't Miah say she was gonna text you about brunch? It's already almost noon, so I guess that's out the window."

"Whatever," I shrugged. "Crap."

"What?" he asked, his jaw flexing as he took a bite of his food.

"We can't go out because people will see us together. Now I feel like an idiot."

"You're definitely not an idiot, babe. How about we just chill out here? We can watch movies or something. We could go back to my house and hang out with Louis if he's there."

"It really doesn't matter to me as long as we are together."

"How apropos," he teased.

"I'm a sappy, clingy, piece of shit. Don't judge me." We both chuckled and he kissed my cheek.

"You're not a piece of shit. Sappy, yes, clingy, no. You're one of the most independent people I know."

"I try." Looking down at the muffin tops, I picked up one of the blueberry ones and took a large bite. Memories of my mother flowed through my mind and this time, I didn't feel like crying. I simply smiled.