Twenty Six-

Pic is Neely's hair!!!

Neely's POV:

By the time I walked out of there, I felt like a princess. Something good was finally happening in my life. Sliding into Max's front seat, he beamed at me.

"Your hair looks so good," he gushed.

"Do you think Ha-" I stopped myself. "People will like it?"

"You look beautiful, honey." Smiling widely as we drove back home, I took a selfie, uploading it to Instagram. Once we got back home, it was already four o'clock and I had yet to see the outfit Harry had picked out. Making my way in my room and shutting the door behind me, I pulled the zipper down the long black bag and smiled widely.

Saving the best for last, one more gift for the beautiful birthday girl when I pick you up. See you soon, darling.
-H.

My eyes raked over the sequins that coated the front of the dress and I pulled it from the bag, my smile growing even wider, if possible. Laying it across my messy bed, I stripped out of my clothes and pulled it on. Pulling on black panty hose under it, I felt like a goddess. Fitting like a glove, I squealed and jumped around before finally calming down enough to start on my makeup. Trying to decide what shoes to wear, I pulled the booties Harry had gotten me out of the box and slipped them on. They were magnificently perfect. I had gone from a mess to fabulous in a matter of a day and I had a feeling it would only get better as it progressed into the night.

Making my way down the stairs, my heels clicked against the wood and Max emerged from his room, dressed to perfection.

"Where are you headed?" I asked teasingly.

"A dinner."

"With who? Kate Sigdali again?"

"Associates."

"Oh, well, you look great. Have fun," I sighed, rolling my eyes as he walked toward the door.

"You look gorgeous! Happy birthday," he called back and I heard the front door slam shut. Sighing as I sat down on a bar stool, the clock on the stove beamed 6:14. Scrolling through Instagram, I posted another selfie before I heard the doorbell ring and walked to answer it.

"Hello, gorgeous," Harry grinned, dimples showing as he held up a single red rose.

"Hey," I beamed, kissing his cheek and closing the door behind me.

"Your hair looks amazing."

"Do you really like it? I thought it was time for a change."

"It's really beautiful." We lightly held hands as we walked toward the elevator and I pulled him closer to me as we got on the elevator. Feeling him squeeze my hand gently as more people stepped on on the lower floors, I turned my face away from him to hide my blush. Making our way through the lobby and out to his car, I slipped inside.

"So, where are we going?" I chuckled, watching him drive, our hands still lightly together.

"It a surprise."

"I hate surprises."

"I know."

"I'm gonna get you," I laughed.

"You'll like this surprise."

"I bet I won't."

"I bet you will."

"I might, but I'm gonna bitch about it."

"I wouldn't expect anything less."

"Shut up," I laughed, lightly hitting his chest. My eyes widened as we pulled up to Rue de la Croix Bistro. It was the nicest French restaurant in town and Claude Francois was the head chef.

"How did you get reservations here? It takes ages for them to even fathom answering a call."

"You uncle helped me pull a few strings."

"How?" I gasped, immediately thinking the worst.

"I called him. Don't worry, I told him I was a friend of yours."

"He's gonna see you're more than just a friend come season," I sighed.

"We can cross that bridge when we get to it. For now, let's go inside," he smiled widely, getting out and handing his keys to the valet. Helping me out of the car. We walked inside and my eyes adjusted to the dark lighting. Walking toward the hostess stand, I fought the urge to possessively put my arm around Harry as the hostess hungrily eyed him.

"Name?" she smiled widely at him, her eyes raking the top portion of his chest where he had left his shirt unbuttoned.

"Styles. The wine room should be reserved," he replied smoothly.

"If you'll follow me." Clenching my jaw as we followed behind her, it immediately changed to a slack jaw.

Hey guys! Thank you so much for almost 10k! That's freaking amazing. I have a new story up, called Thinner. Y'all should check it out.

Much love and always stay Larry af.