Thirty-

Neely's POV:

I dozed in and out of consciousness for I don't know how long until I found myself able to finally roll over. Opening my eyes for what seemed like the first time ever, light burned into them. Still covered in dry sweat, I slowly sat up and looked around the living room.

"Good afternoon," Alfred said quietly. Looking toward the kitchen, I saw him standing there with a small smile.

"What time is it?" I asked, my throat dry as I shakily stood.

"3:39."

"Holy shit. I missed school."

"I already called them and told them that you're very ill."

"Have you talked to Max?"

"I called him and left a voicemail. He sent me a text back saying he hoped you're okay and if needed, I can take you to the doctor."

"Great," I grumbled, walking at a tortoise pace toward him. Max of course fell through on his promise to be around more often, but I didn't blame him. I wouldn't want to be around myself either.

"I made you a grilled cheese and some tomato soup with cheddar cheese on top. Also, I can start a bath once you've finished eating."

"I'm fine Alfred, thank you though. You're free to go home if you'd like. I can take care of myself," I dismissed, not wanting him to see me so weak and sick.

"I'd never leave you, Neely."

"Do you not have any family of your own?"

"I had a daughter," he said with a small smile. "She and her mother died in a car accident ages ago."

"I'm so sorry, Alfred." Now I felt like a total bitch.

"It's alright. You remind me of her in so many ways, of course, she was a lot shorter than you, but you have the same spirit as she did."

"What do you mean?" I asked, taking a small bite of the sandwich.

"She was headstrong, intelligent, beautiful, she had a way of making people feel good about themselves; just as you do," he doted.

"Thanks, Alfred. I appreciate you," I chuckled. "I'm serious though. Go do something fun. I can take care of myself."

"Fine," he sighed. "Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything."

"I won't, you know me." Taking small bites of the sandwich as I sat in silence, I stirred my soup before slowly getting up and searching for my cellphone. Finding it under the couch, I had multiple text messages and missed calls. Some of them were from my teammates, but most were from Harry.

5:20am: Hey babe, you awake?
5:23am: I guess not, but when you wake up, text me, okay?
6:58am: I miss you😔
8:41am: I wish I could be there just watching you sleep.
8:42am: that sounded creepy, hold on.
8:43am:I just want to know you're okay.😩😩
12:58pm: Babe....
1:00pm: Babyyyyyyyyyyyyy
1:05pm: WAKEY WAKEY PLZ AND THANK YE.😁
1:06pm: okay, that was stupid, but I miss you😩😩
1:48pm: Good lord, babe. You've been asleep for 17 hours. Plz tell me you're ok.
2:15pm: 18 hours, babe.
2:49pm: I don't wanna coach today without you.
3:20pm: praise da lort school is almost over. So boring without you. Louis is worried. Everybody's worried. Plz tell me you're awake. It's been 19 hours.

Chuckling to myself as I carefully sat back down at the island to finish my food, I took a bite of my sandwich before typing.

Lol you're adorable. I'm awake now, still feeling like hell. Sweaty,stinky, and I wanna go back to sleep. I can't come to the scrimmage today, but I might be able to tomorrow. I really don't know. Feel so weak and sick. Miss you too, baby cakes. Bout to take a bath and wish you were here.😏😘

Pressing send, it went from delivered to read in a matter of seconds and I took a deep breath.

Thank god you're finally awake. I was beginning to think you'd gone into a coma. Wish I was there too, trust me. After the scrimmage, I'll come over. 😘👫

Smiling slightly, I rolled my eyes as I finished my meal and carefully sat the dishes in the sink. Walking toward my bathroom, I put on some music and started the shower, undressing and carefully stepping under the hot water. It was a struggle to stand. I felt like I was going to throw up every five seconds and I could hardly keep my balance. Washing my hair and body with one hand as best I could, I finally got out, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around me.

Plopping down on my bed, I laid down on my side, closing my eyes and trying to just breathe. I'd only been sick like this once before and it was from a bad case of bronchitis. It took me down for two weeks and I lost seven pounds. Hoping this wasn't the same thing, I laid there, my mind buzzing and stomach rolling with waves of nausea before I fell asleep once again.
--------------

"Neely?" a voice whispered. "Neely." Popping an eye open, I saw Harry bending down in front of me.

"Harry," I smiled.

"Hey babe," he cooed. "Why are you just laying here in a towel?"

"I couldn't stand up long enough to get dressed. I can't really move without feeling sick."

"Baby," he cooed, kissing my temple, his hand resting on my hip.

"I'm really sick," I chuckled.

"Do you want me to help you get dressed?"

"If we can do it fast enough." Helping me sit up, I told him where to get underwear and a shirt at in my dresser and he handed them to me.

"Close your eyes," I warned with a small smile. He closed them, hands helping me stand up and I dropped the towel. Handing him my underwear to hold so I could step into them, he squatted down and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Pulling them up my legs, the waistband lightly snapped against my skin before he placed a small kiss above my belly button and stood back up.

"All I need you to do for the shirt is get my arms through it," I whispered.

"Okay," he grinned, his eyes still closed. Pulling my arms through the button down, I pulled it over my boobs and sighed.

"You can open now. I need your help buttoning it." His jade eyes met mine and his warm fingers lightly brushed my skin as he began to button the shirt.

"You've lost weight," he commented, his hands lightly gripping my hips and softly rubbing my sides.

"I always do during season."

"You don't look healthy,babe. You're cheeks are hollow, bags under your eyes, your collar bones are sticking out more than they used to. Maybe this is why you're so ill."

"If I'd have known you were going to become Dr. fucking Phil, I would've told you not to come over," I sighed, another wave of nausea rolling through me.