Seventeen-

Song: Take me to church- Hozier
Love don't die- The Fray
Neely's POV:
For the rest of the weekend, I played introvert. I didn't kiss Harry, touch him, or even go near him, I stayed away and slept on the futon. His brother left, saying he had friends to visit and we had a good dinner on Sunday to send him off.

The week started and I drearily sat up, rubbing my eyes, my phone gleaming 4:08. Sighing, I got up, walking up the stairs and to the bathroom. My 17th birthday was coming up on Wednesday and I was dreading it as much as I was this morning workout. Standing in the mirror in my sports bra and running shorts, I put my hands on my stomach, wishing it was flat and feeling terrible about the bite of pie I had last night. Even one bite of pie made me feel like I'd gain every pound back. Sighing, I stood up a little straighter and began to wash my face.

"Hey," a voice said and I jumped with a squeal.

"Don't do that!" I snapped, my fists clenching and I tried to cover my torso.

"I didn't mean to scare you," Harry smiled, his voice thick and raspy as he walked further into the bathroom.

"What do you want?" I asked, wiping at my face with the corner of my towel I'd been using.

"I wanna talk. You've been acting kind of strange."

"Just let me get ready," I sighed, pushing him out of the way slightly with my hip. He cleared his throat, standing behind me and I could feel his eyes on me in the mirror.

"What's going on with you?" he asked quietly, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Nothing," I snapped. "I'm just tired."

"Neely," he chuckled. "You're a shit liar and you haven't kissed me all weekend. I miss your kisses." He placed a soft kiss to my shoulder and I let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" he whispered against my skin, his warm arms wrapping around my waist.

"I don't know," I shrugged. It was partly true. Part of me really didn't know what was wrong and part of me knew it was him.

"Talk to me. I'm here," he cooed, placing soft kisses to my collar bone and neck.

"You sure know how to persuade," I chuckled. Our eyes met in the mirror and I couldn't wipe the stupid smile off my face. "I don't want you to think that I'm some crazy slut."

"That's the last thing I'd ever think of you. My mum's a psychologist, I'm pretty good at reading people. You're hurting and this is your way of dealing with everything and I understand that, but maybe now that I'm here, I can help detour you from getting wasted."

"I'm just not used to a boy, well, in your case, man," I slightly cringed. I hated that word. Harry was a boy and I was a girl. I was full of hope that he'd become my boyfriend one day in the future. Depending on his age, wouldn't it be manfriend? Ugh. "I'm just not used to having people look at me and find me attractive or actually want to talk to me. It's not the norm for me." Turning me to face him, his hands on my hips as I felt like he was grabbing nothing but fat, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Well, trust me," he smiled widely. "You're beautiful and not just the generic kind of beautiful. You're your own kind of beautiful and that's the best kind." He placed a warm kiss on my forehead and looked right into my eyes. I always hated making eye contact with people, my mother always said the eyes were the windows to the soul. I firmly believed that and Harry looking in my eyes scared the hell out of me.

"I'm n-"

"Don't even start. It's not even 5 am yet and you're already negative nelly."

"I have reasons to be."