One Hundred and Two

"Harry, you don't get it." Tears were in my eyes and I cleared my throat.

"What are you so afraid of?" His voice was like a crack of thunder and silence fell around us.

"I'm scared of losing you again." I was. I didn't want to not remember things between us. I was nervous to touch him because even though I may have remembered, it still didn't feel real and even the rare times I did touch him, I blushed like a beet. I couldn't have fathomed someone really loving me.

"Why do you think you'd lose me again?"

"I just- I don't know. Everyone good in my life have always seemed to walk out and I would probably die if you left."

"Neely, I'd never walk out on you. Okay, except that one time the spell fucked us both over, but that doesn't count. I love you so much, it hurts."

"You know," I chuckled, looking at him and all his glory, "Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason and I wouldn't wanna know with anyone else."

"There are going to be hard times between us, Neely. There are. I love you more than you can imagine and I will honestly ne-"

"Why do you keep saying how much you love me?" I interrupted, taking a deep breath.

"Because it feels like when I say it, you don't believe me," he sighed.

"What makes you think that?"

"Your actions. They do speak louder than words." I stared at him for a moment. I thought I loved him. No, I was sure I did. No matter how much my heart leapt every time he spoke and said those infamous words, he was right. It was difficult for me to believe him. I knew he loved me, but there was always that one part of me that was unsure.

There was always a sense of uncertainty. I'd even had one with my parents. I'd had one with everyone if ever known to "love me."

"I'm sorry, Harry," I sighed, breaking the silence that surrounded us. "I'm still trying to love myself."

"I know, love. I know. I'm trying to help you love yourself, too." He took a step toward me and I took a deep breath. His cologne invaded my nostrils, his warmth along with his arms enveloping me. It felt like he was putting all my broken pieces back together.

As the next few weeks went on, I became more comfortable with him. His hand resting on my hip, the small of my back, a kiss in public, I was growing to realize he was proud to be with me. He wanted to show me off to the world. Although he travelled with the new restaurant plans, we'd made it three weeks with FaceTime chats. My heart was beating sporadically as I finally pulled into a parking spot in front of the restaurant, immediately spotting Harry inside having an intense discussion. I was reminded of how striking he was in person. His jaw line moving with every word he said, lips pink as ever.

Stepping out of the car, my heels clicked against the pavement as I tried to walk ask quickly as I could inside. I marveled at the familiar feeling.

"We're not open yet," a waitress smiled.

"Oh, I know. I'm supposed to be here, I swear," I laughed and she simply nodded before walking back toward the kitchen.

"Is there any way we could raise this two inches, fit the tv in there and still have the wine glasses?" Harry's voice resonated from the bar area and I slowly walked toward him.

"There's enough room now," the contractor replied. "All we gotta do is out the tv up there and hook it up."

"Oh." I tiptoed closer to him, sitting my bag in the booth and beaming.