Seventy Four-

Neely's POV:
Putting cheese on top of the scalding burger patty, I put the bun back on top and sat it on my plate quickly, licking my fingertips. Taking a bite, I relished in how good it was.

"I'm taking you like it?" he asked and I lightly laughed.

"Very tasty."

"Good."

"Any special recipe?" I grinned, taking another bite.

--------------------
Dinner had ended and I was now sitting on the futon, watching television, Harry had gone to the home office to grade papers and get some work done. Checking my phone on the kitchen counter, the time read 10:57 and I was exhausted. Padding toward the sink to sit my glass of water in there, I made my way up the stairs to say goodnight.

His office door was slightly cracked and I could see him sitting at the desk, hunched over a paper with the rest scattered across and the dark rims of glasses sticking slightly out past his dark curls. Seeing a bag of trail mix sitting on top of the desk, I quietly chuckled. His back was curved as he chewed and he leaned into the paper really closely.

"There's a lightning in your eyes I can't deny,
Then there's me inside a sinking boat running out of time," he sang, sighing as he scribbled on the sheet of paper.

"Without you I'll never make it out alive,
But I know, yes I know we'll be alright," his voice was smooth and melodic, yet so quiet I'm sure he thought no one would hear. It turned into a hum before he belted out more lyrics as he graded, pulling his glasses down a few times and then pushing them back in his hair.

"A sight, isn't he?" a voice behind me whispered, and I jumped.

"He is," I beamed.

"Well, you've been standing here like a bloody idiot for 30 minutes. I'm surprised he hasn't just turned around. Why won't you go in?"

"I don't know."

"You like him, don't you?" Louis grinned.

"Maybe. What's it to you?" I loved him with every fiber of my being.

"Just don't hurt him. He's a fragile one, Harry is. Like broken glass, so try not to cut your fingers." Walking away and closing what I assumed to be his bedroom door, I let out a sigh and knocked twice on the slightly ajar office door.

"Come in," he said and I pushed the door open, seeing him lean up from the paper he had covered in red.

"I just came to say thank you for everything and good night," I smiled widely.

"It's not a problem," he shrugged. "I'm always here if you need help. Just let me know if you need anything else. Do you know when your uncle will be back?"

"He said Wednesday."

"You're welcome to stay here until then."

"Thank you. That's very kind of you." There was an awkward silence between us and we both took a breath to speak.

"You go first," he chuckled.

"I was just going to ask if you'd managed to grade my paper yet," I lied. I wanted to kiss him, but I knew I couldn't.

"Not yet. I was just about to get to it."

"What were you going to say?" I asked eagerly.

"I was gonna say since you're so tall, you're more than welcome to sleep in the guest room. I know that futon can be rather uncomfortable."

"That's very kind of you."

"Well, I've gotta get these papers done," Harry sighed.

"Okay. Goodnight," I smiled, giving him a tiny wave.

"Goodnight, Neely." Walking out, I tiptoed toward the guest room and let out a quiet sigh. Closing the door behind me, I heard a small knock and opened it, my smile falling once I saw Louis standing there instead of Harry.

"Let's have a chat, love," he smiled, walking inside and plopping down on the edge of the bed.

"What about?" I asked nervously, fighting the urge to tell him everything.

"Look," he sighed. "You and I both know that you and Harry are attracted to each other, yes?"

"Yes." I was blushing like a tomato, but it felt good to be able to admit something everyone probably already knew.

"What do you like about him?"

"What is there not to like about him?" I gushed. "I like the way he carries himself. The way he walks, laughs, his stupid jokes. I love the way he looks at something with all his attention no matter what else is going on around him."

"Jesus, you sound like you're in love," Louis laughed. I sighed, unable to hold it in any longer.

"Can I tell you a story?"