Eighty Four-

"They're going out to dinner tonight." It was like I had gone deaf. He was really moving on that quickly?

Clearing my throat, I smiled. "Why are you telling me this?"

"He asked me to."

"Why?" Did he want to stomp on my heart even more?

"Because I think he's trying to prove that he's moved on, but he hasn't. He says he's happy and fine. He's not happy. He got another coaching job, but he's not happy."

"Can we just not talk about this? I don't really care if he's going out to dinner with her."

"You're a shit liar."

"Always have been," I grumbled.

"They'll be at Donlogio's at 7." He was taking her to one of the nicest Italian restaurants in town. Max's Italian restaurant.

"That's one of Max's restaurants."

"Are you gonna go?"

"Why the hell would I go? It's pretty clear he doesn't want me anymore," I sighed, trying not to cry at the realization.

"Did you ever stop to think that he does, but he's hurting just as much as you are that he can't see you everyday like he used to?"

"There's something called a phone that I know he knows how to work. It's been almost two months."

"You're just as stubborn as he is," Louis laughed. "Christ."

"When is our next test?" I didn't want to talk about this anymore.

"Way to change the subject. It's Wednesday." Talking about anything but Harry for the rest of the meal, it was weighing in the back of my mind that they were going to one of Max's restaurants.

"You okay?" Louis asked as we made our way to the car. I only nodded, deciding it was time that I show Harry that I've moved on too.
----------------------------------------------------------
My plan was set in motion as I curled my hair. My breathing was calm, music quietly playing from my phone. I looked calm on the outside, but inside I was a raging mess. I knew what I was doing wasn't right nor did I think I was prepared to see him with her. But this was something I had to do.

Harry's POV:
Things had gone to shit. It'd been almost two months since I had even seen or spoken to Neely. The longest month and a half of my life. I felt bad about not reaching out to her, but I couldn't. I couldn't tell her that I was scared of falling in love with her. I couldn't tell her that I'd not felt that happy since Elizabeth and I broke up. And here I was, going out to dinner with Elizabeth because her mum passed away.

At first, I thought it was just some plot to get us back together, but going to the funeral, I realized it wasn't. Elizabeth was heart broken and I knew that she needed someone familiar. Her and her mum were close, I was even close with her. Picking Elizabeth up, she had on a navy blue dress with light makeup and her hair was straightened. It was the first time she'd left the house in three weeks.

"Hey," I smiled as she got in.

"Hey," she slightly smiled.

"How's it going?"

"It's better. Kind of nice to be out and about."

"When something tragic happens, it's always best to be around people."

"Thank you, Harry. You've always been so kind. I don't deserve it." The air between us filled with silence and I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel.

"Someone once told me that forgiving is easy, it's forgetting that's the hard part. You made your decision all those years ago and we weren't meant to work out. It is what it is. I'm glad I can be here for you now."

"I really appreciate it. Have you been seeing anyone since?"

"No," I lied, the word feeling like vomit as it came out of my mouth.

"Really? I figured someone snatched you up as soon as we broke up."

"I don't trust easily anymore." It was harsh, but it was the truth. Pulling up to the restaurant, I handed the valet my keys and opened Elizabeth's door. Looking around the bustling downtown sidewalks, I heard someone laugh and I swear my heart stopped beating. I would know that laugh anywhere. Turning toward the entrance of the restaurant, my chest tightened. Clad in a red dress, heels, and gorgeous makeup, Neely was walking down the sidewalk with a thousand watt smile.

The only problem?

Colby was with her.