Ninety Six-

"There's a lot of things I didn't tell you. I knew this day would come, but I didn't think it'd come so soon." I sighed, hoping she'd continue.

"Tell me."

"Your Aunt Susie and I were good friends with Jeremy. Jeremy had a brother who married a wonderful woman and then we became friends with them as well."

"That's it? Were those people Neely's parents?"

"Yes."

"You haven't been much help, but thanks anyway," I sighed.

"You'll find out more soon enough. We've got to go to Susie's to sort through her things anyway."

"Is that where you are now?"

"I'm here with Olivia and Gem."

"I'll be there soon." Hanging up, I sighed and grabbed my keys before making my way to the car. The drive up was silent and quicker than I had expected. Pulling into the driveway, I got out, hugging my three favorite women as I walked inside.

"You can just go through all that stuff," mum said, pointing to three boxes on the kitchen table.

"Okay." Clearing my throat, I began to dig through the pictures and smiled at the memories of Olivia, Gemma, and I growing up together.

"How'd she get these?" I called, holding up a picture of who I assumed to be Olivia and I, although she did look younger than me.

"Sometimes I would send them to her. Some were taken here," mum shrugged. Looking at the picture, I couldn't help but laugh at how tightly I was hugging Olivia. Looking on the back of the photo, my eyes widened.

Third times a charm

Neatly written in cursive, I stared at the sentence. Susie was dead and still messing with me. Continuing to dig through the boxes, I found another picture similar, only the two of us were a little older. Flipping to the back, I found more words scribbled in cursive.

These two hearts will soon beat as one
Three times, three times lovers will be done.
No matter the past, one love shan't recall
The lover of the loved will remember nothing at all.
Only by fate or pitch black of night on a full moon's eve,
One lovers heart soon shall grieve.

"Mum, what does this mean?" I asked frantically, showing her the back of the picture.

"What all did Susie tell you?"

"She didn't tell me anything. I had to figure it out on my own."

"Well, the way I knew of it, one of the previous loves of the two lovers had to die."

"So that would mean Elizabeth or Colby?"

"Precisely."

"But if it reversed again, wouldn't that be unnecessary?"

"Not exactly," she sighed. "The magic is tricky. When Jeremy had it reversed, no one had died. Neely's parents were the ones that took the fall."

"But they weren't killed right after it switched. Those letters said back in the late 90's."

"Like I said, magic is tricky."

"This is all so confusing," I groaned

"All you need to worry about is getting her back."

"I know. I can't just go up to her and tell her about everything. She'll have me committed."

"Maybe ease into it slowly. Tell her your name and then what happened."

"Mum, I can't. She'll think I'm crazy."

"You never know dear. The universe works in mysterious ways."

Finally leaving, I couldn't organize my thoughts on the drive home. How was I supposed to tell someone who didn't know I loved them that I loved them? How was I going to make her remember? I remembered everything about her. Every dip, curve, and birthmark, down to the small one on her right hip bone. Sighing, I picked up my phone and pressed Louis' contact, praying he'd answer.

"King Louis?" he trilled and I slightly laughed.

"Hey, I need your help."

"With what?"

"You remember how I told you about what happened at the game?"

"Yeah. What's up?" his tone had shifted from playful to worry.

"You guys are best friends and I need you to help me get her back."

"I don't know, Harry. It's gonna be a hard thing if she doesn't remember you."

"You don't think I know that?" I raised my voice angrily.

"Alright, calm down. I'll help you," he sighed and I heard someone laugh in the background. That laugh.

"Are you with her right now?"

"Yeah."

"What are you doing?"

"Having lunch."

"Is she okay?" I asked, envisioning her laughing at something I said instead of him.

"Yeah. You've been mentioned though," he replied quietly.

"What?" I gasped. "What'd she say?"

"I'll have to call you back when I'm free to talk."

"Louis, d-" and the line cut off. Groaning in frustration, I hit my hands against the steering wheel and let out a loud scream, tears burning my eyes. Why did this have to happen? I knew love wasn't supposed to be easy, but I didn't think it would be this hard. Sighing as I pulled up in the driveway, I got out of the car and sulked inside.

Making my way upstairs and into my bathroom, I started the hot water and filled the tub halfway before undressing and sinking into it. Leaning my head against the cool porcelain, I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"I can do this." Dipping my head under the water, it was like all the stress had gone from my body and I stayed there for a few seconds before coming back up and running my hands over my face. Doing it a few more times, I slowly felt my stress melt away even more and I felt around for the glass of wine I had sat on the floor, taking a long sip of it.

Hearing the front door open, I heard Louis' familiar footsteps stomping up the stairs before coming into my room.

"Guess who got Neely to come here for dinner?" he beamed like a child.

"No," I gasped.

"Yes.And I told her I had a friend I wanted her to meet."

"Louis."

"Yes."

"You're the best," I laughed, "Let me finish up here and I'll be down in a bit."

"Hurry up. She looks so pretty." It felt like my heart had been recharged, my soul reawakened and my life brightened.

Here was my chance.

And I was taking it.

Thank you all so much for almost 76K!!! That's huge! You're all so amazing and I love you and keep reading, commenting, voting and sharing.

xx