Seventy Eight-

I took a few steps back and cleared my throat, "What's up?" I tried to keep my voice as light as possible and not show him I was nervous.

"I know how we ended things wasn't the best. I miss you. I miss us." Those eyes. Those cerulean, big, puppy dog eyes, were actually lined with tears. He took a step toward me and his lips met mine.

Pushing him off of me, I cleared my throat, "What do you think you're doing?"

"Don't you miss this?" he breathed, our foreheads touching and his hands softly rubbing my back. "The way I made you feel? The way you made me feel? We can have that again."

"I'm not interested, Colby. I'm sure there's a great girl out there for you, but I'm not it." I tried to let him down as easy as possible. He looked at me as if I were his favorite exhibit in a museum that was closing.

"Can we at least be friends?"

"We're so different, I'm not sure."

"Okay," he sighed, backing up a few steps. "I'm sorry for kissing you."

"It's okay. I know there's some stuff still between us. We can try to be friends," I shrugged.

"Okay." He was surprisingly calm and I was thankful he wasn't going to go crazy on me like I had managed to see. Feeling a wave of relief crash over me as he gave me a bear hug and messed with my hair, I knew the old Colby was there and smiled a little bit.

"Get to class, short stuff," I teased, punching his arm.

"Bye Neels," he grinned.

"Bye Colby." Watching as he walked away, I almost cried. Letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in, I walked toward Harry's class and was thankful it was his planning period.

"What's up?" he asked as I strode across the room.

"I'm asking you the same thing," I replied, putting my hand on my hip. I almost laughed at my failed attempt to be sassy, but held it together.

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean. Don't play dumb."

"Why are you so damn curious? Curiosity killed the cat, you know."

"Yeah, and school killed curiosity. Can I tell you a story?" I sighed, sitting down on the edge of his desk, hoping he wouldn't freak out at what I was about to tell him.