Sixty Eight-

Neely's POV:
Seeing Lucy's face fall as Harry waved to her, I coughed before we sat down.

"Are you okay?"

"Why did you lie?" she whispered.

"About what?"

"The shirt."

"What shirt? What are you talking about?" I scoffed, hoping no one could hear us.

"The shirt that Coach Styles has on is the exact same shirt you said was Collin's." Oh shit.

"Lucy, I-"

"Are you sleeping with him?" she asked with a low tone.

"No. I had spilt coffee o-on my shirt and he saw me and gave me an extra one he had handy," I lied, my breathing accelerating. Lucy was known for not being able to keep her mouth shut.

"Don't bullshit a bullshitter, Neely. That's his shirt and there's something going on between you two."

"Lucy, I'm begging you. Please don't tell anyone," I felt hot tears forming in my eyes.

"My dad would flip shit if he found out."

"You can't tell your dad. You can't tell anyone."

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place?"

"You're the principal's daughter. What am I supposed to do? Broadcast it on the radio that I'm in love with my coach?" I asked, keeping my voice low.

"I'm just hurt that you kept it from me," she sighed.

"We don't talk that much anymore. That's the only reason I didn't tell you. I was going to tell you when the time was right, but it never seemed to be." I was never going to tell her. She's mouth of the south and that's partly why nobody ever tells her any real gossip. This wasn't gossip. This was my relationship and Harry's job on the line.

"I'm still pissed that you lied, but I won't tell anyone. You covered for me when I got drunk at Tyler's party."

"Thank you Lucy," I sighed with relief.

"Do you really love him? It's not just sex?"

"It's so much more than that. We have a deep connection," I skirted around. What she says and what she does can be two very different things.

"Okay. I'm happy if you're happy," she sighed.

"I'm more than happy. I'm madly in love with my best friend." Looking down at him as he watched the game looking as if he were in a trance, Lucy giggled.

"What?"

"Is he good in bed?" she whispered, blushing slightly.

"Lucy!" I giggled, feeling a blush now rising to my cheeks.

"I wanna know."

"Do you really?"

"Yeah."

"He's better than good."

"Is it like 50 Shades?" she asked eagerly.

"Oh hell no," I grimaced. "No, no, no. We have fun, but not that kind of fun. It's normal fun."

"Have y'all tried shower? It's amazing."

"That was what we did the first time we actually did it," I gushed, unable to fight the grin that spread across my face.

"You're bad!" she teased, hitting my shoulder.

"Oh shut up, you've banged half the school."

"So?" she shrugged. "Is he big?"