Ninety Three-

Our team got first place in all three events and I knew we were making it to state the next weekend. Cooling down and gathering my things in the stands, I gave Niall the slip I needed to sign out and quickly walked toward Louis' car.

"Thanks for picking me up," I smiled.

"No problem, I enjoyed watching you run."

"Today I broke my personal record in all three events. It was amazing, but so weird."

"You must've had someone watching out for you," he grinned. "I may be your good luck charm."

"You probably are." The drive back was relatively quiet, I dozed in and out of consciousness and finally stayed awake for the last hour.

"This is like the Batan Death March," I sighed.

"The traffic we hit earlier slowed us down a lot. We've only got like ten more minutes until we're at you're house and you still have three house to get ready for prom."

"My lucky number."

"What dress are you wearing?"

"The one I sent you a picture of. The red one Peter sent me from Paris."

"You're gonna look so good."

"I hope so."

"Excited to be going with Colby?" I gave him a glare.

"Honestly?"

"Honestly."

"You know who'd I'd rather go with, but he hates me."

"He doesn't hate you."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes times infinity."

"I'm king, you're wrong. Deal with it." We both began to laugh as traffic inched along and we finally pulled up in front of my building. Getting ready was torturous. Showering, curling my hair, and doing my own makeup, I used the three hours I had down to the nanosecond to look absolutely perfect. In my case, I was damn close.

"Hello, gorgeous," Coby smiled, walking in the bathroom behind me, holding a corsage in his hand.

"Hey hot stuff. You look great."

"I'm nothing compared to you. You look divine."

"I try." Doing one last look in the mirror, I walked to grab my heels and slipped them on my feet.

"Alright, we got everything? We're good to go," I sighed. "Phone, wallet, purse, keys." Walking out the door, we made our way down to the lobby and outside. By the time we got to prom, I was half drunk and Colby was way ahead of me. I'd always admired his alcohol tolerance. The music was loud, lights low, and I felt like I was in a club. Surveying the room, juniors and seniors were all dancing, talking, or doing something stupid and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Do you want a drink, babe?" Colby asked, his arms tightening around my waist.

"Just some water. I don't feel that great," I sighed. I felt nauseated once again and I knew it was the alcohol.

"Okay." Watching as he walked away, I felt seriously dizzy and my head was spinning. Suddenly, Harry appeared in front of me, calm as ever and I shivered as he touched my arm.

"Neely?" he asked, three of him speaking at the same time.

"I'm gonna-" I couldn't get the words out.

"Neely? Listen. Can you hear me?" I felt okay for one moment.

"Yeah. I'm good now," I nodded.

"I love you," he breathed, and everything went black.