Thirty One-

Caution: this chapter delves into some issues Neely has with an eating disorder. If you have one, I love you and only hope I've represented it in a way that brings it to light and brings awareness. (If you click the YouTube video and skip to 16:50, wait until 17:00 and you'll hear me talking to Joe Manganiello back in 2012. if you can't get it to work, go to YouTube and look up Dragon Con 2012 True Blood Panel Day 2 part II and it'll come up. Follow the same instructions.) the next few chapters will be in Harry's point of view.
Enjoy!!

Harry's POV:
"If I'd have known you were going to become Dr. fucking Phil, I would've told you not to come over," she snapped.

She looked sickly and fragile. Not just from the fact she was ill, but I could feel the divots between her ribs and her hip bones were protruding. I was worried for her.

"I'm not trying to be Dr. Phil. I'm trying to help you, Neely."

"Yeah, well, I don't need your help with anything concerning my weight."

"Baby," I murmured, looking at her and feeling tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Don't baby me." There was a harsh silence between us and the air in the room thickened.

"Do you think you're fat?" I asked, her emerald eyes diverting mine.

"What else am I, Harry?" I thought my heart was going to shatter. I was utterly shocked. Standing there, my hands on her hips, I felt a tear fall onto my arm, only it wasn't mine.

"You don't understand what it's like," she sighed. "No one does. It doesn't matter what I do, how much I don't eat, or how many sit-ups I do. I'll always be disgusting."

"Why do you think you're disgusting?"

"Because I am!" she yelled. "I'm not thin and gorgeous and I don't have toned legs or abs. All these shorter girls have it so fucking easy because they're all beautiful and thin and guys want them. I'm a fucking blob compared to them and that's what I'll always be."

"You can't compare yourself to others, babe. Don't compare your chapter 10 to someone else's chapter 60. Neely, if anything, you are beautiful. You don't have to look like anyone else to be beautiful. Everyone strives so hard to fit in and the beauty about you is, you don't. You're unique and fun and that's what makes you so special. I don't think you realize just how beautiful you are," I replied calmly, not trying to upset her anymore. It truly broke my heart that she thought she was fat. If only she could see herself the way I saw her, maybe then she'd truly realize just how amazing she was. Looking around, her room was a mess, much like she seemed to be, seeing her laying there, eyes closed, she'd never looked more beautiful.

"That's what everyone tells me, but I need you to tell me something."

"What?"

"Why don't I believe a word they say? Why do I still see myself as this ugly, fat, insecure girl? Riddle me that, Harry."

"I don't know," I shook my head. "I don't know, but what I do know, is that I'm going to help you get through this. It's going to be okay."

"It'll never be okay as long as I'm like this," she laughed, almost maniacally. "God, I wish I were dead sometimes."

"Don't say that."

"I do. I figure I'd be better of in the ground while people talked shit about me than be alive having to hear them. It'd be a win-win for everyone."

"Neely," I sighed, wishing she wouldn't think of herself this way.

"What?" she smiled.

"Please, let me help you. I know it seems like everything is going wrong around you, but I promise it's not. You have me, you'll always have me."

"I won't though. How do I know we won't break up in three or four months? What about when I go to college? There are so many things that could happen, it's like why even bother?"

"God, Neely," I sighed.

"Can you just go? I'm fine here by myself."

"No I'm not gonna go, I'd never leave you. Especially when you're sick."

"Then just fucking chill out."

"This is a serious thing. You could die, Neely."

"So? Wouldn't be so bad."

"Are you even listening to yourself?"

"Yes."

"Why do you want to die so bad?"

"I'd be able to see my parents again, supposedly. Stupid Christians who think you actually see your dead loved ones again. All you do when you die is rot in a box."

"You've got too much to live for."

"Again, everyone says that. Me on the other hand, I don't see it. Nobody would give a flying fuck if I dropped dead right now."

"Have you not been listening to me this entire time? God, you're so stubborn."

"I don't need you to try and save me, Harry," she chuckled, looking up at the ceiling and sitting up on the edge of her bed. "Too many people have tried that and epically failed."

"What do you need me to do then? Because I'll do it," I asked, my eyes meeting hers again.

"I need you to hold my hand while I try and save myself."

Dedicated to 1DFantasyFiction because she's gorgeous and amazing and her stories are freaking awesome. Go check out Pain and Pain 2 if you want to read good stories.

Much love and always stay Larry af.