Seventy Seven-

Neely's POV:

Making it through the first three classes of the day, I sighed as I sat down in fourth period and was dreading lunch. As Mr. Horan droned on about the transcontinental railroad, I felt Lucy tap my shoulder.

"Where'd you get that shirt? You have a new bae you haven't told me about?" she whispered with a smirk. "Is it Colby's?"

"That's for me to know and you never to find out." Turning back around to try and pay attention, she tapped my shoulder again.

"C'mon, Neely! That's not just any kind of shirt a girl would buy you had to have-"

"Girls," Mr. Horan called. "I'm sure talking about Kim Kardashian is a lot more fun than this, but I need you to pay attention or at least pretend to."

"Sorry," I sighed, looking down at my paper and continued writing.

"Don't worry. We were actually talking about you and how you're a wonderful teacher," Lucy replied with her signature sarcasm that usually got her in trouble.

"I'm sure." Rolling his eyes as he continued with the lesson, I stayed quiet and continued to copy notes until announcements came on. Hearing Principal Malik's familiar voice, I knew there was a basketball announcement coming up.

"Girls basketball pre season conditioning has begun. You must have a physical to participate. Any girl interested can stop by Coach Styles' room, room 942 to sign up. Tryouts will be the first week of November," he announced and I saw Colby move in his seat to look at me.

"You trying out?" he smirked.

"Yep," I smiled.

"Hey, Rex!" he laughed. "She's trying out." Him and Rex both laughed together. Rolling my eyes and shaking my head, I sighed. The bell finally rang and I got out of my seat, eagerly walking to the door and feeling Colby poke my arm.

"Stop," I whined playfully, punching his shoulder and walking out of the class. Walking through the lunch room, I spotted Coach Payne with a salad in his hand and he was arguing about something with Coach Winston. Coach Winston was a global studies teacher, and asshole extraordinaire. Everyone in the school hated him because he was always a bitch about giving homework over the weekend and projects as well.

"Neels!" Someone shouted and I turned around to see Lucy walking toward me with a plate of fries.

"Tell me where you got this amazing shirt," she gushed as we walked toward her usual table.

"From a friend." It was only half a lie.

"What friend? You don't do friends."

"You're my friend."

"I'm an exception. Now spill."

"I got it from Collin," I lied and she began squealing like a five year old at Disney World.

"I knew you two had something going on! Do you guys hook up? Was he a good kisser? Is he 6'8 everywhere?"

"Oh my God," I laughed, blushing a bright red. "A true lady never kisses and tells."

"Neely Elizabeth Cavanaugh. You better tell me or I'm gonna punch you," she giggled.

"I went to Collin's party last weekend and ya da, ya da, ya da, I have his shirt now." Shrugging my shoulders as I ate, I cleared my throat.

"You mean ya da, sex with Collin, ya da."

"It wasn't sex per say."

"Did you give him a blowjob?" she asked quietly.