Seventy Six-

Neely's POV:

"You can't be serious," Louis laughed as I finished the story.

"Don't you think it's funny how we manage to get along so well?"

"But people get on all the time-"

"Just think about it for a second," I snapped.

"I mean, you've got to understand this is a lot to take in."

"I know, but it's the truth and I'm trying to change what happened. I mean, I love him with all my heart, but I know what mistakes to and not to make. I just need your help to get him to fall in love with me."

"I don't think that'll be a problem, love. He rarely cooks for people he doesn't like," Louis smiled widely.

"Thanks for letting me vent," I chuckled as we both stood and walked toward the door.

"No problem." Opening the door I saw Harry jump and I stared at him with wide eyes.

"I w- I was just coming to say goodnight," he stammered.

"Goodnight, Louis. Coach," I nodded.

"Night," they both said in unison and I closed the door once again, hoping in the back of my heart Harry hadn't heard our conversation.

----------------------
I woke up rather early, lying in the dark and thinking about things, wishing I was lying next to Harry. Deciding to finally get up, I stalked toward the kitchen and began to search through the fridge for some breakfast food. Settling on bacon, eggs, and pancakes, I started cooking as quietly as possible.

Hearing the front door open as I finished the bacon, I assumed it was Harry because I had heard him leave this morning, that was what woke me up. Sitting the last pancake on the large stack, I heard his footsteps heading for the kitchen.

"Louis I swear if you wake Neely u-" I looked up at him, glistening with sweat, chest slightly heaving up and down, and tattoos were scattered across his shirtless torso. It was like God was torturing me.

"Morning," I smiled. " I made breakfast. It's the least I can do."

"That's great. You didn't have to. Thank you," he replied, his breathing labored.

"I wanted to."

"Thank you, again. I'll be back down in a bit," he breathed. "Just got done with a run."

"Okay." Sitting the pans in the sink, I turned on the hot water, washing them before finally putting them back away and sighing as I grabbed a plate from the cabinet. Plating up some of the food and began to quietly eat.

"Just admit you like her-" I heard Louis' voice say. My ears immediately perked up.

"She's beautiful, but I can't risk my job," Harry replied.

"Neely made breakfast. You've got a keeper-" Louis teased and I smiled a little bit.

"Would you just stop?" he snapped.

"You're only five years older than her. It's not weird-"

"It is for me! I'm not supposed to like her, but damn it, I do." Continuing to eat as I eavesdropped on their conversation, I tried not to smile like an idiot.

"Once she turns 17, maybe you can warm up to her a bit more. But when she turns 18 mate, you better ask her out," Louis said and I could practically envision his smirk.

"Would you just stop? I've got some things to think about." Harry walked out of the kitchen and abruptly stopped in front of me sitting at the table.