Nine-

Pic on the side is Colby. (Eyebrows on fleek)

"What does love mean to you? Think about it for a minute and then we're gonna go down every row." The class was silent. Looking at the ceiling, I tried to think of what love meant to me. Did I even really know what it meant? Sighing, I tapped my fingers on the desk as he went down the rows receiving some really good answers and some just plain stupid ones.

"Neely, you have the floor," he smiled widely, finally getting to me. The entire class was looking at me, even Colby. I wanted to throw up that I actually had to give an answer.

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"On, c'mon! I know you've got a brilliant mind. Give us something," Coach encouraged. I'd liked to have given them all the finger, but that wasn't deemed school appropriate.

"Fine," I sighed, sitting up a little bit straighter. "Love, to me, means seeing the bad and still wanting to stay. Seeing them drunk and throwing up at 2 am with throw up around their mouth, wiping it off, helping them to bed and still staying. It means the person you love is your warm blanket and cup of tea on a rainy day. Love is comforting and has more value than just a ring or a gift. Love is understanding," I cleared my throat and looked at Colby, knowing he was thinking the same thing I was.

" Love is something that everyone wants in their own ways and it's universal. Love isn't something you just say and it means something, you have to show it. Love is scary and exciting all at once and you've got to find someone who is just as scared and excited as you are. I don't know. Love is love," I shrugged and the class was silent.

"What does love mean to you, Mr. Styles?" Emory asked.

"Well, to me, it's a combination of the things you all said. I think that love is a wonderful, beautiful thing. It takes a lot to bear your soul to someone and let them in so deep, knowing they could just rip it all away with a few words. It's daunting and challenging, but if it wasn't, falling in love wouldn't be half the fun," he smiled. The bell rang dismissing us to our next class and the pressure in the room seemed to dissipate.

"Have a great weekend! Make good decisions!" Coach teased.

"Neely," Colby said, lightly grabbing my arm. Snatching it away like I had just touched an open flame, I glared at him.

"What?" I snapped.

"I need to talk to you."

"Why?"

"The way we ended things wasn't the best."

"Well, I don't want to talk to you," I snapped. "Leave me alone." His arms wrapped around me and I melted into him. God, that boy could give a good hug. He was warm and inviting. I hadn't been really hugged in so long, I'd almost forgotten what it felt like. No, I couldn't fall for his trap again.

"Let me go," I sighed, unhooking his hands from my lower back.

"It always did calm you down when we hugged," he chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"You've got five minutes." Anything was better than going to study hall.

"Neely, what you said in there, it really got me thinking. I know I've always been kind of a jerk, I know. People don't let me live it down, but when your parents died, I didn't know how to comfort you and then those texts you sent me. God, I knew you were drunk and wanted to come get you but I couldn't because we had been done for a few weeks and I just left you alone. I shouldn't have left you, but I did and I'm so sorry. I miss us. I miss you."

Those eyes. Those cerulean, big, puppy dog eyes, were actually lined with tears. He took a step toward me and his lips met mine. I wanted to push him off, but good God, I missed this. Clenching my jaw not to let out a moan as he placed hot kisses along my jaw and neck, I pulled his face back to mine.My hands went to his hair, pushing our faces closer together and he backed me up against the wall.