Forty Seven-

Harry's POV:

I couldn't believe she was standing in front of me. Still as tall and modelesque as she had been all those years ago. Her eyes still a fierce blue, chin just as strong as her volleyball serve, neck as elegant as her jump shot. She stood there, still silent, looking between the three of us.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" I repeated, trying not to sound too harsh, unable to help my anger from bubbling out of my mouth.

"Gemma called me," she replied, looking down at her hands. "She said you got a new girlfriend. Is this her?" She pointed to Neely and I fought the urge to reach up and break the long, thin finger she used. Turning toward Neely, I let out a sigh.

"Go with my mum in the kitchen. I need to talk to her alone," I whispered.

"Okay," she nodded, looking back at Elizabeth and I grabbed her chin softly.

"Hey."

"What?" she asked, her eyes meeting mine.

"I love you," I said quietly, kissing her forehead. Watching as she and my mum walked back through the foyer, I grabbed my coat and stepped onto the front porch.

"She's beautiful," Elizabeth said quietly, slightly smiling.

"Why are you here? I know Gemma called you, but why would you come?" I didn't understand at all why she would just show up on the doorstep just because Gemma called her. She knew how my family felt about her.

"Gemma called me and told me about you and Neely. I wanted to see you again to see if you were happy."

"Why? You left me, Elizabeth. You took my heart and stomped on it while I apologized for getting blood on your shoes. Don't you dare try and say you want to see me happy. You lost that right a long time ago." I might've sounded harsh, but it was true. She'd made me believe that what we had was real when it was just a smoke screen.

"I know the way we left things wasn't the best, and I'm sor-"

"Don't you dare. If you were sorry, you never would've said what you said when you left."

"Harry," she sighed.

"You need to go." I was trying my hardest not to cry, not wanting to waste my tears on something I lost so long ago. I had moved on with Neely, she'd slowly defrosted my heart and I wasn't about to give it back to Elizabeth.

"I've always wanted you to be happy, Harry. That's one of the reasons I left." Watching as she walked back down the steps and got in the car, I turned around and walked back inside.

Falling to my knees against the hardwood floor, it seemed I had let out a breath I had been holding in. That's what Elizabeth did. She took the breath from my chest, but not in the way Neely did.

When I was around Elizabeth, it was like running in 15 degree weather. When it's so cold, you feel like every breath you take is another closer to your death. My lungs burned from the lack of oxygen, my heart beating as fast as a drum, struggling. Sitting with my head against the cold wood, I tried to regain a regular heartbeat and stop the tears spilling from my eyes.

"Harry?" I could hear Neely's voice quietly next to me, feeling her hand softly placed against my back. Sitting up, I cleared my throat before standing.

"I'll be down in a minute," I spoke softly, walking up the stairs and closing the door to the room Neely and I were supposed to share quietly behind me. Again, falling to the ground, it seemed everything I was holding in and trying to be strong was finally coming out. Tears stung my eyes and cheeks as I laid there sobbing.

All the feelings I had managed to contain bubbled up and knifed through me like professional butchers. I hated her. I hated her more than anything on this planet. She was like an infectious disease; a plague. Destroying you and everything around you with a smile on her face.

I know it's short, but I'm going through some stuff right now, so please bear with me guys. #sadaf

Much love and always stay Larry af.

P.s- new story up. Not fanfiction, but one I've been working on for a while now off of Wattpad. Double trouble. Go read it and tell me what ya think!! Will be posting new chapter of Coach Styles tonight. Feeling a little better.❤️