Twenty Nine-

HAPPY 2015 people!!! Here's a picture I took last night. Oh, btw, if you don't like my story, no one is forcing you to read it, so take your comments somewhere else. Thank you. Thank you for 13k! Just to clarify: Yes. Neely is 6'11"
Enjoy!!!

Neely's POV:
"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, his voice slightly shaky.

"Wait," I chuckled. "What?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he repeated with a chuckle.

"Are you sure there's not some hot blonde behind me?" There was no way in hell he really wanted me to be his girlfriend. No way. Compared to some of the women he could have had, I was a skid mark on the underwear of the earth.

"Neely, I'm really asking you this."

"I don't know what to say. This is so surprising to me," I laughed, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Why is it so surprising? I really like you."

"It just is," I sighed. "But, yes."

"Yes?" he beamed.

"Yeah," I nodded and he smiled like he'd just won the lottery.

----------
Over the next few weeks as it got colder outside, Harry and I became closer. We spent more time together, basketball being incorporated into that. He'd helped me perfect my 3 point shot and I was finally gaining confidence with the ball, not afraid to take it to the basket. I had to keep eyes on Michelle like a hawk because I knew how she was and she'd do anything to get Harry. Ever since the night of my birthday, I'd had this weird feeling in the out of my stomach, I couldn't describe it any other way. It was just strange. Now, we'd already had tryouts, three practices and today was our first scrimmage.

"Do y'all think we're gonna win?" Shayla asked as we changed.

"If we don't, we'll beat them running the floor," Dana teased and I pulled my sports bra on. Hearing a knock on the door once we were all dressed, Harry and Liam walked in. We were all silent as we looked at them and I eyed Harry's hands around the clipboard he had, his rings slightly shining in the light.

"Alright ladies," he cleared his throat. "This isn't just a scrimmage. This is the first game to where we prove not only to ourselves, but to the people in the stands we are a winning team. We've worked hard for the past few months and now it's time to be rewarded. We've got to go out here and box out, rebound, make our shots, talk on defense, and most of all give 120 percent because they're only giving 100. Let's show them who we are." We all stood, raising our hands and Dana and I led the chant before we lined up at the door, ready to go out. Smacking the top of the door frame for good luck, we filed into the hallway and started another chant we'd worked on and managed to perfect.

Adrenaline was pumping through my veins. I could see the student section filling quickly and the air was buzzing with energy as we began to stretch. Looking at the other team, their tallest player couldn't have been more than 5'10 and I fought off a smile. Taking a few deep breaths as our warmup music flowed from the speakers, filling the gym, I saw Principal Malik and his wife walk in with smiles.

"Layup lines!" I announced as we finished stretching.

"Neely!" Harry called and my head snapped toward him. Waving me over, I gave the ball I had in my hands to Taylor and jogged toward him.

"What's up?"

"Where's your head at right now?"

"I'm ready to play."

"They don't have a single girl on their team that is anywhere near as tall as you. When you go out there tonight, I want you to rebound and box out like your life depends on it. When you go up, take your time. They can't hit the ball out of your hands if you keep it high and put it soft off the glass," he replied quietly.